Eudora and NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by maxinegerb, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxinegerb

maxinegerb Registered Member

I've been using email client Eudora v7 for many years. I had been using NOD32 4.X.

Today I installed Eudora OSE, which is based on Thunderbird, and it crashes when I connect to the mail server. If I disable NOD32, the email downloads successfully, so there's an incompatibility between the two products.

I uninstalled NOD32 4.x and then installed 5.x and it did not resolve the problem.

Is there anything I can do in my NOD32 setup to enable me to use the email client. I do not want to disable email protection.

2. maxinegerb

Oh, also, internet access is now very slow, since I installed 5.0. Are there settings I can change to speed it up?

3. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi maxinegerb and welcome to the forum!

Not all email clients are supported, please see this. Try disabling integration with Mozilla Thunderbird, this will resolve the issue. Please follow these instructions.

4. maxinegerb

Thanks! If I disable integration with Thunderbird, does that mean that my email will not be protected?

5. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

Without integration, you will not have scanning of outgoing mail. Incoming mail (at least POP3) will still be scanned. However, I am not so sure about IMAP with Thunderbird, since I have not been able to confirm scanning of incoming mail using IMAP. It may be working but I have never been able to get notifications attached to test messages as I can with POP3. I forgot to point out that I had other issues with NOD32 v. 5.0 and rolled back. I believe the behavior was the same regarding messages and notifications in ver 5.0.x and 4.2.71.2. Thunderbird updates are too frequent for ESET to keep pace and allow for integration with Thunderbird.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.