eTrust v. 7 promo needs update?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by c0ltran3, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c0ltran3

c0ltran3 Registered Member

Some months ago I downoaded etrust v. 7 promo from this link:

http://etrustantivirus-east.ca.com/v7/

I've used it for some months and then I disinstalled it.
    Now I'd like to install it again. Do I need updates? This version is still free?

Thank you for your answers.

2. minacross

minacross Registered Member

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It will also update through the program.

4. c0ltran3

c0ltran3 Registered Member

Thanks

5. vincevega

vincevega Registered Member

Can anybody download this?

6. bigc73542

You can download the eTrustAV promo here it is a direct download link. I have used it with no problems several times.

7. vincevega

Downloaded it. Everything seemed good. I then downloaded Eicar.com, etrust didn't pick it up. I then scanned the file using mouse button 2 and my computer locked. Did this twice. Back to AntiVir. Thanks for the links though.

8. bigc73542

If you have it set right it doesn't alert you that it found eicar it just gets rid of it. antivir is not even in the same league as computer associates. Sorry you had problems.

9. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

It's a shame they had to use Messenger to give alerts.

10. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

well for some reason I do get alerts for the Eicar.com/ Eicar.com zip/ Eicar.com2 zip with e trust v7 promo .
    vincevega it sounds like you may not have loaded e trust up correctly or updated it once you did load it as the real time monitor will pick up on that file also when you RT click it will do a scan . Some did report that they needed to reboot twice after first loading it up on their system , also to disable any other running anti virus programme that may be starting up . hope anti vir serves you well.

11. vincevega

Thanks for the input Solarpowered Candle. Perhaps Ill try it again. CA seems to make a top notch product. I don't see how you can go wrong with a free product with free updates for the life of the product.

12. bigc73542

If you do try again I think you will like the promo AV. Good luck on the next try. When I said it will delete the eicar test without notifacation I meant if you had it configured that way. You can configure the pop up warning about what it found several ways.

13. vincevega

bigc73542, Question? When you schedule a full scan it says it's scanning but you don't see a file count or any kind of activity. Is this normal?

14. bigc73542

Along the bottom of the gui there should be a bar across it that has the engine you are scanning with the number of files that have been scanned number of infected files. and a couple of other things. At least that is whats there when you do an on demand scan.

15. bigc73542

Now a scheduled scan may run in the background. I don't know for sure I have never run a scheduled scan I always just hit the scan button and go for it.

16. solarpowered candle

If you click on "schedule job statistics " the tab under "help" and next to the blue real time monitor icon up the top left . it will display the scanning statistics whilst the schedule scan is scanning .

Also if you choose to activate the heuristics for the real time monitor and the local scanner > right click blue monitor on task bar > left click" real time options" > left click "selection" > in Detection left click " Advanced" tab > place check in heuristic scanner .
    For the local scanner its pretty its much the same > right click on blue real time monitor in task bar > left click "launch e trust anti virus" > left click on "scanner" > left click local scanner options > in detection click on "advanced" tab > then place check in "heuristic scanner

Last edited: May 12, 2004
  17. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The view from Mt. Olympus must be wonderful this time of year. :cool:

18. bigc73542

Don't take my word for it go to a few av test sites and check on their detection history as compaired to CA.antivir history CA inoculate history CA vet history

19. vincevega

You know I acually I have 7 mos left on a etrust Amour free trial (Im only using the VP no FW) and I went back to that. I was reading about Nod and decided to try their trial version then when that was up I then started downloading a bunch of different VP's and playing with them. I guess I've come full circle. Im going to stay with etrust only $12 for the signatures per year. Thats pretty cheap and its a pretty good scanner according to VB. Nod32 was fantastic but I don't want to shell out the $40 then $30 per year. A little steap IMO.

20. bigc73542

That is very inexpensive to renew for a good AV. $12.00

21. solarpowered candle

I think that the Vet engine is really good. Its just kind of new to most as its from down under . And most think "what good can come from Oz" However some excellent software is emeging from both new zealand and Australia such as "Benign " and "mailwasher" "TDS3 " " etc
    Peoples who use Vet do not seem to have any too many problems . Its been around for a while and done real well . I think that if one feels they need an anti trojan to add to there defences then they are well covered such as TDS3 or such . Albeit safe computing is the most efficient security .

22. bigc73542

I fully agree that there is some very good software coming from down under. And you are right VET has been around a while but before CA started useing it in their eTrust Antivirus VET was a bit pricey.

23. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

I thought I would give the eTrust v.7 promo a try. I installed it last night. This morning when I turned on my computer, the real time monitor didn't start up automatically. No little icon in the task bar at the bottom by my clock. I started it up manually. I re-booted and again no real time monitor, no little icon. What am I doing wrong?

24. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

Several uninstalls and re-installs later, and the RTM is up and running. Don't know why. At the moment, not too crazy about this AV.

25. solarpowered candle

Good things take time . I remember when I first tried it I had a few issues , but Im so glad i perservered and worked patiently through them , Its since been humming along nicely now for nearly a year with out any hassles at all. Some times the problem may be with existing anti virus that hasnt been uninstalled fully or is loading etc or may not want to leave your system. For any major piece of software I am choosing to load onto my system with the intention of it being there long term , I try and clean out fully what was there first and do a scan disk and defrag etc , so as to give it the best system to work on . It is a great find and Im sure once you feel comfortable with it you wont look back .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.