Etrust EZ AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by redwolfe_98, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i use etrust ez av 6.125, formerly innoculateIT. how good is it?.. i think it is pretty good: it will usually not allow the downloading of viruses, and when it does, it actually strips them as they are downloading. it is updated almost every day, and uses few resources. i don't know how good it really is in comparison to other products. i guess if it does the job, that is all that matters. most reviews i read comparing various products do not seem reliable. someone serious with testing facilities and "know-how" is needed to verify how good various security programs really are. also, i am using kerio's 2.14 firewall, another program that does the job while using little resources.

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Etrust is a good av-tool. It regularly scores good at the virusbtn.com 100% test. Besides, it is one of the cheapest good scanners.

In combination with Kerio your protection is quite effective.

3. Valkyrie77

Valkyrie77 Guest

I am also using eTrust AV 6 and Kerio Firewall 2.14. They uses little resources and are effective too. I also use TrojanHunter as my anti-trojan Tool. For me. these are the best combo.

4. Yes, but do you use the E-Trust email scanner? Add $20 and $20 = $40 and that's another reason why I went NOD32.. Besides I heard the Etrust Firewall is awful...

But I did hear good things about etrust itself...

5. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i am sure etrust has confidence in their firewall; it is used by government agencies in europe. etrust firewall just works differently than many (free) firewalls (from what they have told me). the deskshield is a different deal. you can take it or leave it, but etrust does not prevent you from scanning email attachments..so you do not pay an extra $20 dollars for that. (i never used the email feature in norton). etrust, computer associates, professes to be the number 1 security company in the world, so their programs are not junk.

6. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Hi, yeah Etrust is not bad, but if you check carefully and avoid the ads and stuff Etrust is 16 on the list of the best security company. Dunno were your getting your infos. Althought NAV, NOD32, KAP do a better job.
    Might consider looking up on those here http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?table

I'm sure there are other reliable sources out there that would interest you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.