ESS5+MBAM PRO realtime

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by a4884289, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simexi

simexi Registered Member

clean mbam?

-http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe-

and install it again..

2. a4884289

a4884289 Registered Member

yes, i tried. Isnt problem MBAM, is it problem firewall mode of ESET!/interactive and learning/

3. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Two programs with realtime protection == problems. Simple as that.

4. PJWilkin

PJWilkin Registered Member

As has previously been stated, the issue only occurs with ESS's firewall when in Interactive mode

I have seen Interactive mode not prompt a few times, or handle rules incorrectly (eg I allowed COD:MW3 full access in both directions and it still prompted)

5. a4884289

ESET products + MBAM = no problem. This is the best proven combination. up to now:(

....from ESET support still nothing answer, nothing info..:(

6. a4884289

HELP ME!"

7. Pilgrim1

Pilgrim1 Registered Member

Just read through this thread and I have to wonder WHY? a4884289 you need MBAM at all? I have MBAM installed with ESS 5.0.95.0 but without Real-time protection enabled and there are no problems whatsoever. I only use MBAM to do manual scans when I suspect something has gotten by ESS, which to this point is never. ESS offers sufficient security in and of itself. It seems to me you are creating your own problem by insisting on running MBAM's Real-time protection.

8. a4884289

ESS have very low detect malware and many other types of threats. ESS/NOD have best antivirus but horrible antispyware/antimalware. ESS+MBAM PRO is best light combo!

9. terradon

terradon Registered Member

I'm amazed that you can say that when all you have done is complained about how badly they work together. Stop living in the past and look at the current reality. Run one or the other in real time but not both.

10. PJWilkin

PJWilkin Registered Member

MBAM works OK with ESET in Automatic mode, it's only in Interactive mode do you get an issue

ESET ESS also does not provide a full level of cover, hence the need for some people to run another spyware/malware checker

11. a4884289

Thanks PJWilkin..

UPDATE: after next testing/realtime protection MBAM is ON/->problem is when the ip module of MBAM is activated. When the ip module of MBAM is not activated all is OK too with interactive mode firewall ESS5.
    Incompatibility ip blocking module with ESS interactive mode!?

Please some info, answer, work on solution.

12. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I think you answered your own question, run with MBAM ip not activated or simply remove MBAM and use it as most people do and that would be on demand. I don't believe as you have proven time an again that it will not work as you desire, sometimes you just have to accept that. It's not ESET's responsibilty to make it work as you want, sorry if that is not the answer you want but that is the reality of the situation...

13. BonskY

BonskY Registered Member

Hi !

I will be honest, In the past, I was a old computer security paranoiac (run a ESS+MBAM PRO+SAS PRO+WINPATROL on real time) until I read this article from Gizmo that bring me a new reflection about computer security...

http://www.techsupportalert.com/how-to-secure-your-pc.php

Now the only program that I run on real time with ESS it’s Sandboxies to cover the feature of sandbox/virtualisation that ESS doesn’t offer for the moment. And also, I’m more vigilant with OS/program update and my day to day computer activities are done under a Window limited account user session.

Now my computer breath, work like a charm and I feel more secure...

My two cent...

Have a nice day

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

good post. My setup is actually very close to yours.:thumb:

15. Jedis

Jedis Registered Member

16. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

MBAM has recently been confirmed to clash with ESET v5 and cause lockup issues after attaching removable disks so I wouldn't recommend installing the two at a time, at least not with the MBAM service running.

As for the update issue, try disabling http checking and see if it makes a difference. If you suspect the firewall of blocking the communication, enable logging of blocked communication in the IDS setup, reproduce the issue and then check the firewall log for details about the reason.

17. Jedis

Jedis Registered Member

When it happens, svchost.exe spikes and maxes out a core at 25% cpu usage.

If I kill that svchost.exe process, internet connectivity returns instantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.