ESS v4 a new strange occurrence

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bodgy, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Since this morning when the new system status module (1211 (20090325))was downloaded during the auto update, I am now getting a progress form pop up very quickly - the blue line dashes from left to right, the form disappears, and a great wodge of data is written to the harddrive (you can hear the activity dump).

If I have the log file open on (Personal Firewall Log) this activity coincides with a log refresh - which is probably the harddrive activity of the log being updated.

This also causes a quick disconnection to the internet.

I am using firewall module 1045

Colin

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

OK, I've finally managed to find out what the pop form says.

It actually is reloading the log file. So the disk activity and spike in CPU usage is a read not a write to disk. It still causes a slight web access blockage whilst loading.

I have now unticked log blocked connections and incoming work attacks to see if this annoying pop up disappears.

Colin

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

These options should remain disabled, especially logging blocked connections is intended mainly for debugging purposes as it might create large logs which would also cause problems when replicating to an ERA server.

4. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

The way to stop the log file popup continually flashing on the screen is to change which log file you are viewing. If the viewing of a log file is set on Personal Firewall Log then for some reason, the popup keeps reappearing even though you close the ESS window. Just change the view of the log file to Events and the popup will disappear.
    I haven't had time to report this to Eset but I probably should as it has been around for a while now and was an issue with earlier version of the firewall module.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.