ESS v4.0.417, Vista and Adrive

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by peterhews, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterhews

peterhews Registered Member

Hi,
    I don't think anyone has mentioned the problems with v4.0.417 running on Vista Home premium using the website www.adrive.com . If you try and upload any photos the Java box appears to upload all the photos in seconds then hangs until the files are uploaded properly. Meanwhile while this is going on web browsing is impossible. In fact the upload seems to be so choked that other PC's in the network are no longer able to browser the internet either. Is there a work round for this problem? I've tried many adjustments to the ESS and it always ends in the PC having to be rebooted so normal web browsing can be resumed.
    Another PC in the network runs v4.0.417 and is on XP and this is able to upload photos correctly.
    One further thing, in Vista the in the 'web access protection' 'web browser' settings are not available yet in XP the web browser settings are available, whats going on?

2. peterhews

peterhews Registered Member

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello peterhews,

Please try temporarily disabling your firewall and let me know if that helps.

The new Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) in Vista disables our Protocol Filtering settings. In the past, adjusting these settings would be the route to try and resolve this.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.