ESS v. 3.0.560 available

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Marcos, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The delay when closing OE is caused by the messages queuing for processing. Do you experience the delay even if you don't close OE immediately but wait a couple of seconds to finish processing messages?

2. ugly

ugly Registered Member

Delay exist even if you close an empty (no messages) OE.

3. cdr

cdr Registered Member

Marcos,
    Yes, there is a slight delay or lag, regardless of when you close OE. I never close OE while it is processing incoming e-mails. So, the lag occurs anytime at all that one closes OE. Even, as Ugly says, when OE is empty. As I stated previously, to me, it is not a major issue, but for others, it is. Thanks for your help!:D

4. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Strange to see that only OE seems to have this. I use Outlook and it is as fast as it can be. In starting and closing. Haven't test it in Windows Mail because I don't use it. But for the fun of it I will do it now :)

Windows mail has a bit of lagging indeed too. A second or two, three. So Outlook is the best then.

5. CDreier

CDreier Registered Member

I wonder if there's a way to disable the anti-spam module in OE completely? I use Qurb for anti-spam and the ESET toolbar with the anti-spam icons is disabled. BTW, I tried NOD32v3 before installing SS. NOD32v3 did not have the lag problem when exiting OE. Thanks.

6. Westland

Westland Registered Member

I only have NOD32v3 installed. (Never had ESS installed.) OE still has the lag problem.

7. Marcin_K

Marcin_K Registered Member

Same here. I've tried everything... nothing seems to help. The problem didn't occur with the previous version...

8. cdr

cdr Registered Member

Marcos responds to this question--see his post (#7) in this thread, if you have not already seen it:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190490
    :)

9. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Although off topic, regarding the previous post about having a red icon upon startup and realtime protection being disabled "by user", I had this problem the first time I installed ESS on my XP laptop. I noticed in the realtime protection setup, under advanced options, the last one after optimized scanning (enable realtime protection on startup) was unchecked. Having checked that and rebooted it's been fine since. Not sure if this will help.

10. cdr

cdr Registered Member

Ade 1,
    Yes, I, too, ultimately discovered that it was unchecked--and the problem resolved completely when I checked it! Thanks for mentioning it!:)

11. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Looks like the install with version 3.0.560 forces 'Automatic real time file system protection' off. Easily fixed when you check the setup pages.

It's happened on 3 machines that I've installed this release on so it's not just bad luck.

I can only assume that it's an oversight on the part of Eset.

12. saffron

saffron Registered Member

Don't hold your breath waiting for it to be fixed. I waited for an oversight on the part of ESET to be addressed for years. ESET always knows what its users want more than they do. :(

Blackspear's excellent "maximum security" settings should have been made the out-of-the-box standard in V2, and many other Wilders members said so, but ESET didn't take the slightest bit of notice. Download v2.7 right now and you'll find the settings are still the same old crap.

13. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Eset has now tested a new version to cure the no-pictures bug in ESS. This version also closes Windows Mail two seconds sooner than with 560. I was informed that the new version (563) will be brought out soon. So I can't agree with your post, saffron.

14. saffron

saffron Registered Member

Then we'll have to agree to disagree. Fixing 1 bug among the dozens reported right here in this Forum does not immediately fill me with a warm glow.

15. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Did you heard anything if they push Build 563 out in front of the weekend ?

16. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

But now do they walk when mouth washes are launching versions to? Because they do not make soon everything a certain one and order a decent version?

Even that you only have spoken what is an internal version I wait that they do not gain this habit of launching a hill of versions to correct an alone bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.