ESS uninstallation - Vista (and Xbox360 media extender)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Meh_Cakes, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meh_Cakes

Meh_Cakes Registered Member

Ok... Small but annoying problem...

I installed the Home version of ESS Trial to see what it would be like in Vista.
    And I'm now wishing I hadn't!

I decided it wasn't ideal for what I wanted in Vista (Still working perfectly in XP though) and uninstalled it.

After a reboot I noticed the Windows Firewall is turned off but no Security Center message moaning that no firewall is turned on...

ESET Personal Firewall is reporting that it is on... (Yet the firewall shouldn't exist on the PC)

I disabled all ESS features before uninstalling...

I've been through the "after uninstallation" steps... There seems to be no readable trace of ESET or EGUI in the registry, The drivers have been unistalled from device manager (Including the 4 Non-Plug and play devices), the driver appearing in the network connections properties window is not there.
    And all traces of ESET in regard to files and folders have been deleted including those which contain the word ESET.

It's still in Windows Security Center.

Normally I would ignore this... run another firewall and have do with it.
    But it's preventing me using a XBOX 360 as a Media Center Extender... Everything "Connects" but attempt to load media and "Firewall is preventing" (With Windows Firewall set to off).
    So ESET Personal Firewall is causing an issue... How do I go about correcting this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.