ESS Uninstall problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by noduser61, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noduser61

noduser61 Registered Member

Relates to the Rc1 beta really however the same problem may be lurking in the final version ...

I have recently found I can no longer print to my network printers or share documents on my drives and particularly odd is that images on secure web pages on my broadband provider's website load incredibly slowly (other sites seem to be unaffected).

Using System Restore to revert my system to just before uninstalling ESS completely restores everything to normal. Uninstalling ESS RC1 beta again breaks it all again.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have installed/reinstalled/uninstalled ESS/EA all kind of versions many many times since the very first day of the public beta but all the above mentioned functions work and have always worked pretty well , I believe they have remained unaffected

I use XP Home and Pro on our computers

3. noduser61

noduser61 Registered Member

Not entirely surprised to see you haven't had this problem otherwise there would be loads of annoyed posts all over these forums.

I have another PC here which has the same functions available and they still work on that one following uninstalling RC1.

Unfortunately if there is no suggestion of a fix I will have to re-install everything - bit of a pain - but long overdue. This is the first PC that I have used intensively (with frequent trial software) that has managed a full year before ending up stuffed.

System restore to pre ESS install is not an option - I have the restore space turned down to about 1.5GB and I can't go back earlier than December which seems a bit odd as I am sure there should be more restore points available. Perhaps I deliberately removed all but 1 at the beginning of December thinking all was fine. :'(

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I just remembered I had to flood the forum each and everyday :eek:

Not a bad idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.