ESS takes too much CPU?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Nunes, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i am now having this issue a lot. i only saw it a couple times now i see it about every 10-20 minutes.. this is not good

2. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

If I watch the CPU Usage History in Task Manager while ESS (or Nod32 2.7) is scanning it will jump back and forth between about 15% to 100%. And there are files that it seems to get stuck on. But it always comes out of it. This morning my ESS scanned 290,456 files in close to 35 minutes. With version 2.7 it took a little longer. I don't know if this is good or bad but I'm not going to worry about it because when I used Kaspersky it would take over an hour to scan fewer files. Of course that was version 4 and I hear they have come a long way. Anyway, I'm satisfied with it.

Speaking of Kaspersky, you should hang out in their forums for a while. People there have just as many problems as ESET's users do. The problem is Everybody has different computers with varying amounts of power. Then everybody has their own software configuration. I would really be surprised if everybody got the same results.

3. ThomasGatt

ThomasGatt Registered Member

My CPU Usage with ESET 3.0.560 installed is 100% all the time..

I have to turn off completely the real-time protection in order to work correctly..
    Real-time protection on: 100% CPU Usage
    Real-time protection off: 3-10% CPU Usage

This is only happening on my single core pentium 4 cpu.. on my laptop this is not a problem at all.. :s

4. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I've watch part of a scan it really loacks up for 15 to 30 seconds on large exe's & the same for uninstall.exe, it's a new computer still has some crap ware on it like games, ESS gets hung up in there, can't explain it...

5. ThomasGatt

ThomasGatt Registered Member

Anyone can tell us what we can do please in order to prevent this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.