ESS & Spyware concerns

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by holdgaj, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holdgaj

holdgaj Registered Member

I've been using Eset for a few months now - I changed from zonealarm. I have a couple of Q's for you knowledgeable guys out there....

1) Eset never detects any spyware or tracking cookies. I found fastclick on my system tonight - by chance since I was monitoring a TCP stream to diagnose a problem. Eset seems to be set up to detect spyware as far as I can tell. I just downloaded & ran advanced systemcare V3 - ran it and it came up with 3 tracking cookies ... Eset reported nothing ... what's up here ?

2) I get lots of false positives Nero burning ROM, Zonealarm (!) are reported as aving viruses (No, zonealarm is not installed along with Eset ! )

3) I never get any response from customer support - others on this forum seem to have the same issue ....

I like Eset for its low key approach but I must say that one has to wonder if it is missing spyware, then maybe its missing viruses as well ...

Any help to get Eset detecting spyware would be much appreciated. I hope I'm missing something in the config ...

2. Football

Football Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, since when cookies are considered malware?
    2, how can you be sure that what ESET detects is actually a false positive and not adware or another type of malware?
    3, if you purchased from the US, you can call customer care as well in case you haven't received a response after 24 hours (except weekends): http://www.eset.com/company/contact.php
    4, every antivirus misses malware, that's a matter of fact. There's no product that will ever 100% protect you. Some prestigious organizations, such as Virus Bulletin or AVcomparatives perform tests on a regular basis that could give you a brief idea about how well each AV performs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.