ESS smart security 4.0 Help

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by TheIlluminative, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheIlluminative

TheIlluminative Registered Member

Hello,

I was a user of Avira Internet security version, but it really sucks :mad: My Internet speed changed and my PC became slow :mad: .

Anyway I have bought a new Version of NOD32 (smart security 4) I really like its interface and speed :D .

I have a problem, I don't know how to configure it , I am an internet guy and I want my PC to be safe, I don't play games only I surf the internet. Please someone can give me a tutorial for the best setups?

I have disabled the windows Firewall to let the NOD32 personal Firewall works properly is that ok ? and is this Firewall Good? because Avira's Firewall used to be so good :cautious: .

I have a lot of questions :shifty: but waiting for the right time to ask them :D . for now please can you help me guys?

Thank you :argh:

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

my advise would be leave it default and let it do it's job and forget about it. on default it will protect you and shouldn't bother you.
    however if you don't online game you could set firewall to interactive or learning mode.
    but, IMHO default is fine.

3. TheIlluminative

TheIlluminative Registered Member

ok Thanks, I asked because i used the V3.0 in the past but it didn't find any threats, then I downloaded Avira and it found like 5 viruses :eek: I don't know maybe the defaults isn't good for me.

but Firewall is very important, especially if you are using the internet.

is NOD32 anti-malwares ? and spywares? and how do this program finds them ? :blink:

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

eset missed 5 virus' and you're using again?

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

it could have been left over's that eset had left behind the cleaning in v4 is better i believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.