ESS Scan Stuck at 71%.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rwt325, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

Twice, on consecutive days manual Standard scan ended at 71% complete, and would not go any further no matter how long I waited. The las few entries in the log follow:

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\idlelib\ReplaceDialog.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\idlelib\ScrolledList.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\idlelib\SearchDialog.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\idlelib\SearchDialogBase.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\idlelib\WidgetRedirector.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\idlelib\WindowList.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\lib-old\whatsound.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\test\double_const.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\test\testtar.tar » TAR » - archive damaged
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\test\test_bufio.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\test\test_cgi.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\test\test_codecs.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\test\test_contains.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\test\test_dis.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\test\test_extcall.py » MIME - is OK (internal scanning not performed)

Whats going wrong. Both runs stopped at the same entry.
    Thanks for your help.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please compress the content of the "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\python-core-2.3.4\lib\test" folder and send it to my email address that I'll PM you.

3. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

Sent the information as requested.Since then I re-installed ESS clean and ran another Standard scan. That too stuck at 71%, in the same place. However my anti-virus is malfunctioning since then: I cannot enable "Real time file protection". I mark the appropriate box, press OK and the box remains un-marked. I ran a repair re-install, still no difference.
    I am currently without AV protection. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

4. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

Hello,

try to delete %programfiles%\ESET\ESET Smart Security\em002_32.dat. Then reboot and attempt to update afterwards.

5. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

Hello mayt,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did as you suggested and tha scan stuck at 73% and the AV was disabled. Had to recover a previous partition so that everything seems to be working for now.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've asked you to send me a debug log which would reveal the problematic file. Unfortunately, since you have already recovered the partition we won't be unable to pinpoint and fix that problem.

7. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

Hello Marcos,

Sorry for the belated reply, but some other problems on my system intervened. I ran sfc /scannow and it fixed some corrupted files. I then ran ESS and it scanned in normal time of about 45 mins. I thought that might have been the problem. However an unsuccessful attempt to install SP1 corrupted my files again. I ran the surface scan again, but it did not fix all the files. Just out of curiosity I ran ESS scan again and it worked but, the scan time increased to 1hr 18 mins - both ran when computer was idle. So problems seem to be with my system and not ESS. Sorry if I wasted your time.

PS. I did send the zipped log files to the address you gave me and got some prompt suggestions, which perhaps not surprisingly did not work. As I said other problems intervenened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.