ESS Rollback 5.2.9.1 64b Win7

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gazb, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazb

gazb Registered Member

Rolls back installing drivers, please assist me.

Steps taken to resolve issue:

Check BFE service OK
    Ran ESET Uninstaller in safe mode
    Deleted INFCACHE.1
    Reset device path
    Reset TEMP permissions
    Run MSFIX for cryptographic errors
    NDIS repair not necessary
    No other AV found MCPR fails however
    Enabled logging for MSI
    NO SETUPAPI.log was generated
    Latest network drivers
    Latest OS updates
    No unusual drivers present

Logs:

dberr.txt

example errors:

CatalogDB: 10:28:44 27/08/2012: catdbcli.cpp at line #610 encountered error 0x000006b5
    CatalogDB: 10:28:44 27/08/2012: catadnew.cpp at line #1915 encountered error 0x000006b5
    CatalogDB: 10:28:44 27/08/2012: catadnew.cpp at line #818 encountered error 0x000006b5

install.log

example errors:

DEBUG: Error 2826: Control BottomLine on dialog PrepareDlg extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog to the right by 3 pixels
    The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2826. The arguments are: PrepareDlg, BottomLine, to the right

Procmon log:

some ACCESS DENIED

Logs attached. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

In addition to the logs provided, can you provide a System Inspector Log as well? Also sending you a PM.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The install log is incomplete. I'd suggest compressing an install, setupapi and Process Monitor logs (generated at the same time) along with an ESI log and PM'ing me or dwomack the download link. We can also provide you with a safe location for uploading the stuff, or you can contact Customer care who will be happy to assist you as well.

4. gazb

gazb Registered Member

Thank you for your assistance. I already have a ticket open with ESET regarding this issue so not necessary to open another, I just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue and knew of a resolution.

Marcos, the install.log is in two parts. See installcont.log for the rest ;) Wouldn't allow me to upload more than 1mb.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You should be able to fix it as follows (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948252):

- open a "run as administrator" command prompt.
    - go to "c:\windows\system32\config\TxR" (or the equivalent location on your PC)
    - run "attrib –H –S *" to make all hidden files in the directory visible.
    - run "del *.blf"
    - run "del *.regtrans-ms"
    - reboot the machine

6. gazb

gazb Registered Member

I already attempted that fix, and subsequent install was still unsuccessful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.