ESS RC1 - Anti-Spam: Jumping cursor and messages

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by mhonzell, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhonzell

mhonzell Registered Member

Platform: Vista Ultimate x64
    Module: Anti-Spam and/or Anit-Virus
    ESS RC1

When I open Windows Mail, the cursor is on the first e-mail within Inbox. Anti-Spam toolbar loads, the Inbox e-mails blink and the cursor moves to the second e-mail. This all takes about 3 - 5 seconds which means that I'm one-third of the way through the top new e-mail when ESS decides to move me to the second e-mail (Preview mode.)

If there is SPAM, it allows it to load before determining it is SPAM by putting it in the Inbox and then decides to move it out AFTER all the cursor movement above.

Shouldn't this work just the opposite...
    Put all new e-mail in the ESET folder, decide if it is junk or not and if not
    move it to the Inbox so that I never get halfway through the junk mail
    only to have it removed as I'm reading it.​
    If I open Newsgroups, all the messages load, disappear, reappear, repeat while moving right and then left. (Only on the first newsgroup selected.) Happens everytime I go from Inbox to Newsgroups. It did this with Beta2 also.

Last...
    What is the purpose of putting in the "Move Spam to" folder information if it's not going to move it there on the first move? Instead, it moves it to the ESET Temp Folder (or something like that) that appears and disappears as the spam is moved to the folder where it should have went anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.