ESS only scnas boot sectors and the finishes

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Kevin_G, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin_G

Kevin_G Registered Member

Hey to all.. I am new here.. so pleased to meet all of you. :D

I am in a bit of a situation.. it seems ESS is only scanning boot sectors and nothing else, I have created in depth scans, smart scans.. etc.. and still no luck.

The weird thing is.. it was all fine and all of a sudden ESS start locking log files, so I added the particular folder to exclusion list and all was fine, then 2 days went by and it started locking log files again so i added that particular folder to the exclusion liist, and all was fine for 2 days again... then client calls back and says now he has viruses popping up all over the show.... So i went back to client.. checked all his settings.. and nothing had changed... So i uninstalled ESS from a client pc and then i re installed it.. after doing that... I ran a Indepth scan and everything was fine.. once that finished i try to run another scan... and saw that it was only scanning boot sectors.. so i uninstalled again and re installed.. same thing... 1st scan went no prob.. 2nd scan... boot sectors only.... The policy is correct even checked by ESET Support... so its not the policy....

I have basically run out of ideas, so please could somebody help? :$

thanks

Kevin

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Have you tried running a custom scan one drive at a time? For instance, just start with the C drive ONLY and move on to each drive separately. This isn't ideal by any means but the issue might be malware related and this may help isolate the issue.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.