ESS/NOD32 huge *BUG*

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MACHINE, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MACHINE

MACHINE Registered Member

Earlier, I used NOD32 2.70.39 (great AV product) setup on max (advheur turned on), all options were on and it was working all great. But Eset Smart Security v3 and v4 have some problems: when all options set to max. (ON, advanced heuristics and new few features) especially in Active RealTime Monitor Module it is bugging menus (start menu, context menus...) so I wait a long deal of time to open a sub tree in menu. This is a major gap in code!!! It's also bugging on random files during burning discs, so buffer is going down from the reason of slow scan speed. When I run "Where Is It" aplication with no virus (small exe file) it needs few min and not few sec, but when teh Advanced Heuristics is OFF it's working OK. Also when I enter some DIR with a lot of mixed files (mixed sizes and contents) sometimes PC stop responding for half a minute at any command. It happens on all brand new machines I tried on (DualCore, 2GB DDR2, RAID0...). All hardware was fast and reliable, free from errors and viruses. Other machines runing on KIS 2009 does not suffer from this child illnesses. Something's very wrong with options or some of them which are making this problems with burning and menu slowdown presentation (sometimes it takes dozens of seconds to show submenus!!!) when AdvHeur is ON (problematic option is Advanced Heuristics no matter on how strong PC is, because it MUST NOT influente on Start menus and submenus so it need 10-20s to reopen, not always but randomly!!!). OS is WinXP Service Pack 3. I am telling this from an aspect of electronegineer. It would be nice to send an info/demand to Eset so they can solve this issue rapidly in next revisoen of core components! It's a shame that this great product has such banal problem :( Probelm is in ADVANCED HEURISTIC option ina REAL TIME PROTECTION

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This has been discussed here numerous times at Wilders. It's not a bug, it's a feature. Scanning by advanced heuristics is a time consuming operation and therefore is enabled only for newly created or modified files by default. V3 and 4 allow advanced heuristics to be used for file access or execution. This option wasn't present in v2. When enabling advanced heuristics, you're warned that it may have adverse effect on system performance.

To avoid discussing the same affair again and again in new threads, we'll draw this one to a close. Should you need to discuss it any further, please continue in the threads that deal with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.