ESS missing Vundo

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by lowlife, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowlife

lowlife Registered Member

Got a PC running ESS 3.0.669.0 with latest definition files. When doing internet searches the pages were being randomly redirected.
    I ran a complete scan using ESS which picked up nothing.
    Downloaded a trial of SuperAntiSpywarwe and ran it. Straight away it picked up a Vundo variant (see screenshot) which was causing the problem, deleted and now no problem.
    I'm a bit worried that ESS completely missed it.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/noelryan1/spyware.jpg

2. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

nothing is perfect I run ESET with SUperantispware with Look n stop have had good results. IMHO no one product can cover all the bases, I believe in a security setup, however this may not be for you , I bought the professional & run it real time,for me it works, take care...

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The Vundo malware is frequently updated to avoid detection by security software, which is why security software is frequently updated to detect new variants.

If you have files which are not detected by ESET Smart Security, please place them in an .ZIP or .RAR archive file file protected with a password of "infected" and mail the file to samples@eset.sk with a link to this message thread.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.