Ess is the worst thin i ever used

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by cylon, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cylon

cylon Registered Member

Ess is the worst thing i ever used everytime i try to install it i get a bsod the technical support is not answering like the is not such thing thats enought i using kis from this time

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I don't . You provided absolutely no supporting context in any of your posts that could possibly assist anyone is debugging your problem. As far as I can see, you mentioned the use of Vista Home Premium, a fresh installation (no mention of whether any additional software/configuration performed), and on an Acer 3100 and that was it.

To solve problems, context and detail are needed.

Since you appear to be using another solution now, am I correct in assuming that you no longer have a specific support issue?

Blue

3. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

Blue I know you mean & well the guys e-mail is not specific. But I am a user of ESS & the whole process of dealing with ESET is off & on. I would side with off. There are many issues remaining. I have vista it runs but a lot of features are still not there & this is 90 days after 'final' release. I happen to understand why someone would get so upset when trying a'quality' product that they would write such a poor statement. No offense meant to you but sometimes you have to put yourself in the other guys shoes..I have been there...

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I think Blue is well aware that Eset has been less than stellar with this version. They are getting it together, slowly, but they are getting there.

5. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

it shouldn't 'have to get there' I'm very old school... when someone takes my money its for goods & service that WORK & NOW. I don't like paying for fix as we go. Thats not what was offered. Don't be too quick to always settle for less than what you paid for...

6. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Oh I haven't, beleive me, I have pissed off Eset more than once I am sure of that.

7. ethernal

ethernal Registered Member

early bird adopters are in for a rough ride, especially when major revisions are on the horizon. look at windows 3.11 -> windows 95. and xp -> vista.

i think there is a very very big difference between 2.7 and 3.0 at first glance, no telling how much is new under the hood!

all new products have.. eh.. what you call it. in swedish we say "child sicknesses" . not that that makes much sense, but i hope you understand what i mean.

i've so far never contacted eset tech support, so i can't really say anything good or bad about that, but the retailer guys at eurosecure scandinavia are always quick to respond, and knowledgable.

not justifying anything, i feel ess 3 is really really buggy (so far) but on the other side i feel it's more or less expected by new software to misbehave <_<

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

None taken.
    That pretty much says it.

As to the original poster's comment, when faced with this type of situation, there's really two extreme approaches that one can take (plus a lot in the middle):
    • Make a general comment to the remaining user base that you've had a specific problem that they might wish to be aware of since they could suffer a similar fate in the future
    • You are faced with a problem that you wish to have resolved quickly.
    It really doesn't matter which side of these two extremes you're on or even if you're in the middle. The post is a meaningful contribution only if contextual details are attached to it. Otherwise it is a mindless rant that assists nobody.

Blue

9. techcafe

techcafe Registered Member

HEAR! HEAR! if i had wanted to be an ESS beta tester, i woud not have PAID a lot of $$$ upgrading to what should have been a quality, finished product. and quite frankly, i'm not all that interested in hearing excuses... i'd simply prefer that ESET live up to their stellar reputation and FIX the bugs in ESS.

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

and again, Eset has stated that a version with fixes for most or all issues will be coming during the first quarter of this year. So they still have time and I have a good feeling that a little more patience from users will pay off shortly. You waited till now, I think you can wait just a little longer.

And FYI, I have 2-2user licences so I have a invested reason to post.

11. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Registered Member

The original post is more like a troll than a post of help or need of help. Personally I have the ver 3.0.621.0 (trial for 30 days) and fully intend to register them for my wife and daughter. I have Avat! Pro 4.7, and if I would have waited just a week longer, I would have NOD32 on my machine instead. Compared to other stuff I have tried, expensive AND well know AV product, it excels them in most regards. Personally, I don't find any issues with this release.

As far as the OP.... well we are all entitled to opinions, and sometimes there seems to be more error found between the monitor and the back of the chair than there in inside. ;)

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Darth, every user is entitled to their thoughts. And also, I am a troll :doubt: , at least that is what I am told.:cool:

13. Darth AkSarBen

.... yea right? As a troll you at least write constructively, and proper sentences. LOL

14. techcafe

good to know fixes are coming soon. being a NOD32 AV user, my expectations were equally high for ESS, but i was somewhat disappointed (with the bugs). thanks for the followup, and i think you meant to say 'vested reason'

cheers / f

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Nah, I paid for those licenses, so, it is a "invested reason",;)

16. techcafe

ummhmm, ok then... if you say so ;)

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

not sure of what you might be implying. feel free to PM me to discuss it if you wish.

18. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If one gets BSOD, the first thing we do is asking him to send us a complete memory dump which should reveal the cause of it. Frankly, I haven't heard of BSOD connected with ESS/EAV for a couple of months to say the least.

I have no clue what distributor/reseller you got in touch with who could not assist you with this issue. Should you still be interested in resolving the issue, please email support[at]eset.com and provide a link to this thread.

19. Darth AkSarBen

Yes, Marcos, the BSOD is more commonly associated with device drivers, such as sound cards, video, etc.. than with application software. Knowing the OS would help tremendously, AND if it has been recently updated or had patches applied to it, such as SP2 with other updates for Widows XP.

20. techcafe

not implying anything, just irrelevant symantics, not important

21. Larkina

Larkina Registered Member

I don't mean to downgrade ESET Smart Security but I've had this software for about more than a month and I haven't seen it do anything. I'm quite sure it is providing some type of support but I've had other software pickup things that ESET should have found. What gives with this? This suppose to be world class software. Can you run a computer scan in safemode now? What is the best way to scan your system with ESET? Could someone help me with this.

22. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Larkina, a computer scan can indeed be run in safe mode, and we recommend the standard scan. The standard scan in ESS/EAV 3.0 is equivalent to the in-depth analysis in version 2.7.

23. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

I have been using ESS Betas since mid June 2007 on my Vista desktop and my XP laptop. Have been using NOD 32 on the laptop for over a year. No problems of any consequence, and yes ESS catches something from time to time or warns in advance that something may be dubious.

Two minor problems encountered with Beta versions had to do with trial time running out and password. I found Eset replies to direct , clearly stated problems to be quick and effective. In both cases communication was direct by e-mail.

I bought the final version when it appeared for both computers and had no problems since. Maybe I am not trying hard enough.

24. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i left eset to kis for many of the above reasons.. i had many issues and i had only one email ever responded to.. and i send many of them.. i really wanted to and tried to like ess but i could not stand always having to try to sort out my own issues.. if they are ever truly sorted out i may even go back to eset but not until almost all reports are that way..i may ive it another go if kis doesnt get the new version running as well as the last one did.. never know.. and i have not tried it in a few months either so i dont know of the newest results

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.