ESS is not quite baked for me, so... Antivir + Sygate?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by veri, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veri

veri Registered Member

Currently on ESS b1 - I like a lot about it, honestly, but the lack of exclusion is killing me in iTunes performance.

That, and I'm just too antsy to stay with the same thing for too long.

What do you guys think about going from ESS (and before that, Nod32 + Kerio v4) to Antivir Classic with Sygate, build 3408? My Nod32 license is still active, so should I go Antivir + Sygate or Nod32 + Sygate?

Curious as to your opinions.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

NOD provides additional protection that the free version of Antivir lacks and your licence is still good so that would be my choice. But why are you stuck on Sygate in particular?

3. veri

veri Registered Member

I think I failed to mention Symantec Corporate as the third option. How about that?

With Sygate, well, I'm rather weary of Kerio v4 and would like to avoid v2. Comodo isn't so bad as of last I used it several months back, either.

Sygate is what first brought me into the world of firewalls (and ultimately, this forum) as far as getting a bit more involved with PC security, and seeing as how it appears that it's still somewhat respected on this forum (and how I did not know that there was a later build than what I was using at the time), I figured I'd bring it up again.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Symantec Corporate is also good. Have you checked out the firewall forum at Wilders? What about LooknStop firewall.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

6. veri

veri Registered Member

Yes sir, I know. I think it's a fantastic piece of software, and I haven't had many of the problems reported on the forum; I've just got an itchy antivirus trigger finger at the moment.

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I prefer AntiVir myself,But...if you have a Nod32 license you should use that.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Antivir PE and Prevx and a Nat router, is the best combo I have found. And with Prevx2 due out in a few weeks, it is only going to get a lot better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.