ESS Installer / Windows installer error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by compuhot, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. compuhot

compuhot Registered Member

When I first installed ESS 4.0, the installation did not complete properly. I was unable to re-install or un-install due to a error message from Windows Installer. "The Windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Instaaler is not correctly installed." I have done a manual un-install of ESS, but still get this error when I try to re-install. I have dowloaded and installed the latest windows installer and also registered it in the registry.

Also, since the first faulty install of ESS, the system fails any attempt to set up network access.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  3. catnotspam

catnotspam Registered Member

did you used a registry cleaner ? sometimes this is due to a registry cleaner activity *puppy*

i know this is a security form but i had this type of problem and i fixed by reinstalling windows

--------------------------------------------------
    windows xp sp3, eset smart security 4.0 ,firefox 3.0.10, IE 7,aim ,skype ,250 GB, ram 2 GB , messenger ,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.