ESS Firewall presets?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Karlston, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karlston

Karlston Registered Member

Just wondering if ESS can automatically download firewall rule presets when it detects a new application installed.

Also, is there an image somewhere of ESS firewall's screen showing current connections?

For a new Windows 7 install, I have to choose between the full Agnitum and ESET security suites. Have been running Agnitum Outpost Firewall and ESET NOD32 AV (v 2.51.30 :oops:) happily for years on an old XP install, but the current versions of each don't seem to play well together.

Thanks...

2. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Hey Karlston

You can temporarily set the firewall to learning mode when installing the desired application/launching it, this will add a rule to the firewall automatically. Once the rule is in, set the firewall back to the previous filtering mode.

You can monitor network connections by changing your display mode on your lower left hand corner from standard to advanced mode, then under protection status, go to network connections. This will show you the current network activity on your system.

3. Karlston

Thanks, but I'd prefer not to keep toggling modes whenever I install new apps. Agnitum's firewall automatically downloads firewall rules (presets) for newly installed apps whenever it notices one installed (if Agnitum has them of course). Does ESS have that feature?

Sorry, I don't have ESS installed, I was after an image/screen-grab of the network connections so I could compare it with the one in Agnitum Outpost Firewall. I use that feature oh so often... I've attached (hopefully) a grab of Agnitum's...

Outpost Net Conn.jpg

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Here's one from the ESS help file.

Attached Files:

5. wrathchild

wrathchild Registered Member

No. ESS don't have apps preset rules like Outpost.

6. Karlston

OK, thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.