ESS/Cyberhawk conflict?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by acr1965, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I am trialing ESS and just installed Cyberhawk v 2.0.4.34. I am sometimes unable to go online but sometimes I get online ok. The real issue comes when I try to go to yahoo sports page. At that moment my computer freezes and I have to eventaully shut it down. When I "suspend" Cyberhawk this does not happen. Is there a known conflict between ESS and Cyberhawk?

thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  2. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

I have been using CyberHawk with Nod 32 and ran ESS with it for several weeks to see what it was like and apart from CyberHawk flagging up that NOD 32 was reading keystrokes (false positive) I have had no problems at all. I only uninstalled ESS because I installed OA v2 with the firewall and will wait for the v3 of NOD 32.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I think I finally figured it out that the conflict was between Cyberhawk and IE7pro. Are you running OA v2 with Cyberhawk?

4. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

I had no problems with CyberHawk with either ESS or NOD 32 except the keystroke false positive but I use Firefox instead of IE so it is possible the problem may be there. Have been using Firefox for some while and would never go back to IE. I am also running OA v2 with the firewall. Totally brilliant, not sure that I need CyberHawk now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.