ESS configuring the firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by andy2008, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy2008

andy2008 Registered Member

just having a look at ESS and i was wondering if anyone had a guide for configuring the firewall. At first i though ESS had borked something untill i switched to interactive mode so i could get internet explorer to work. But i cant get cmd, ping, traceroute, arp to work etc. A guide covering how to configure the common apps would be helpful :D

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Just configure your Trusted zone correctly , apply the Interactive mode , check the IDS allow options in the Personal firewall subtree

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also you can enable logging of all blocked connections so that you can see the applied rule in the firewall log.

4. andy2008

andy2008 Registered Member

hmmm

well i dont know how i did it but when i tried to add ping.exe to create a new rule to allow it and clicked on apply settings visual studio 2005 wanted me to debug egui.exe. :eek: o_O luckily this is only a test machine but concerning none the less.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

By the way , I forgot to mention that the Help file of ESS is really good resourse of information you can use . It is really helpful .

In interactive mode you may not add manual rules but leave Eset Smart Security ask you in a pop-up windows when traffic is generated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.