ESS Command Line Parameters and Internet Download Manager

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by online, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. online

online Registered Member

My first post here: hi, all!

I've purchased ESS (3.0.684) and I like it so much... I wish to scan IDM just downloaded files.
    I've Googled and searched in the board, I've tried a lot of parameters and suggestions without success...
    Does exist a way in order to reach a ESS scan of IDM downloaded files?
    I was starting from a single download folder (Desktop).
    If I try the following from Command Prompt it works fine:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop" /base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security" /max-subdir-level=0 /adv-heur /heur /sfx /rtp /adware /unsafe /unwanted
    If I enter the same in IDM (5.15.5) it does not work in any way...
    Any idea is more than welcome! :)

2. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

3. online

online Registered Member

Many thanks, mr_yoda: all is clearer! :)

Now I've understood also because nothing occurred after IDM downloads: I already used EICAR website (http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm) in order to check a surely infected file, and at the beginning ESS warned about the infection and just in order to proceed without interferences I answered "No Action".
    But, obviously, after the file download nothing occurred: that's, just No Action! :argh:
    Now, I copied another "virus" link location and downloaded it from "IDM > Add URL" function: ESS correctly warns every time about "Threat Found"!
    In other words, and just as HiTech_boy (thanks!) says in your linked post, a further ESS's scan after IDM's downloads is not required because it already scans all goes through the Web! :D

BTW: however, although not needed (but just for testing) ESS command line parameters entered in IDM do not work in any way for me (nothing in Task Manager too)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.