ESS Cant Scan Compressed Files On Vista

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by xxchr15xx, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxchr15xx

xxchr15xx Registered Member

hi ess wont scan any kind of compressed file on my vista(SP1) laptop it says:

C:\Users\Chr15\Desktop\Example.zip » ZIP » Wimpy FLV Player.exe - decompression could not complete (possible reasons: insufficient free memory or disk space, or a problem with temp folders)

does this mean that i cant scan the files in the archive or that it just cant scan them outside of it. this inability to scan makes me feel unsecure because i download alot of compressed files and im sure anyone who has dealt with viruses knows that it is crucial to be able to scan everything that comes from a source outside of your pc
    if anyone can help please do

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi, how big is that archive? Clean temp directories with CCleaner or ATF Cleaner. Then tell us a result.

3. xxchr15xx

the archive is about 3.0MB's i just threw an a standalone exe in there as anexample and what is ccleaner? cause i just deleted my tempoary file manually aven the one tha was in use so my desktop whent crazy but is good now

thanx for replying so quick;y

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  4. xxchr15xx

ok i have jut used ccleaner and i still get that stupid message

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  5. xxchr15xx

dont wprry about it i've decided to go back to avg thanx for your help though

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem lies in insufficient permissions to the system temp folders when UAC is enabled. Deleting and recreating these folders or setting the appropriate permissions should help.

7. xxchr15xx

can you u wal me through this process cause i am more experienced with xp than vista

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.