ESS blocking all blogspot pages

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Gacrux, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gacrux

Gacrux Registered Member

I thought ESS was blocking only pages with questionable content, but in fact it's blocking all blogspot pages.

Any blogspot I try to open I get the same Access Denied message, even the official Google Blog (googleblog.blogspot.com.br) is being blocked by ESS.

Even when I try to disable AV the protection I still get hundreds of notifications from ESS of addresses related to Google being blocked.

I know I can put a *.blogspot.com.* filter to allow the access, but this shouldn't be happening.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

What version of ESET are you currently running? I've attempted to access various blogspot pages this morning, including the one you submitted and I'm not having any issues with NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Smart Security using both versions 4.2 and 5.2.

If you are still being blocked from accessing blogspot pages, please provide a screenshot and submit the URL to our Virus Labs.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This was fixed about 10 hours ago.

4. Gacrux

Gacrux Registered Member

Running ESS 5.0.95.0, 20120530 Database on my desktop.

It seems that ESET fixed this today, I removed the *.blogspot.com.* filter to take a screenshot and Blogspot pages won't show access denied anymore.

This has happened for two or three days, I have five ESS licenses for my home computers and all them had the same behaviour.

I opened my notebook which is running the same ESS of my desktop, but with a previous database (20120529 - same date of my post) and had the oportunity to take a screenshot before the ESS try to update it's database.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2vryjyx.jpg

Yes, as I stated, ESET fixed this today. You posted while I was taking the screenshot on my notebook :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.