ESS Anti-Spam and Qurb?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by CDreier, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDreier

CDreier Registered Member

I currently use Qurb as my anti-spam filter in Outlook Express. Will it be possible to disable the ESS Anti-Spam feature since Qurb provides excellent filtering? Thanks.

2. cdr

cdr Registered Member

:) Yes, you can set ESS to not integrate into OE. Then, it would not add its toolbar, and you can continue to use Qurb. But, you can try the ESS anti-spam, as it seems similar to Qurb, which I used to use. If you don't like the ESS anti-spam toolbar, you can switch it off anytime you want, and the toolbar will no longer be present when you open OE. Good luck!

3. CDreier

If I only disable the anti-spam feature the icons remain even though they are not functional. If I disable email protection, doesn't that mean I will have no protection for emails? What I'd like to have is email protection, but not the anti-spam function, ie, none of the anti-spam icons visible. Is this possible? Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  4. cdr

cdr Registered Member

Yes, you can remove the ESS OE toolbar and all of its icons completely from OE.
    This is accomplished not by disabling the anti-spam feature. Rather, you must have it not integrate into OE. Open ESS control center; click on Setup; click on Advanced Setup;scroll to the very bottom of the list on the left; click on E-Mail Client Integration; then uncheck where it says Integrate into OE. Click OK. Then close the control center. When you open OE, there will be no ESS icons or toolbar whatsoever. But, as far as I understand, ESS will still scan, on-access, any e-mail you open for any viruses/malware, so you are still protected, even though you told it not to integrate into OE. This will enable you to continue to use Qurb as your anti-spam utility. Don't worry! Just enjoy ESS and Qurb!

5. CDreier

David, thanks again for your help as this did get rid of the ESS icons and toolbar. I'm going to 'assume' that the anti-virus client is continuing to monitor my emails. Can anyone confirm this to be the case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.