ESS and HIPS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Shankle, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

I am running ESS.
    Would HIPS be of any value to me?
    Or do they conflict with each other?
    Thanks for any clarification.

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Should not conflict but there are no garantees, i think id take the risk to triple my security ;)

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can probably run a HIPS package for an additional layer of security if you like, however, their conflicts or performance problems may occur. Also, keep in mind that the Advanced Heuristics function in ESET's software performs duties analogous to HIPS, so the additional protection provided may not be that pronounced. You can certainly try it, though.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I might go with Prevx Edge but with version 4 much isnt needed. That is why I like EdgeGuard Solo. It is light and provides some protection in areas a AV cant. I really like this setup.

5. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Where can i find more information about Eset's advanced heuristics being HIPS?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The difference between a behavior blocker and advanced heuristics is that the former lets applications run and monitors their behavior while advanced heuristics first runs files in a virtual environment, evaluates the behavior and based on that decides whether the file is suspicious to allow it to run or lets the file run if it doesn't perform any suspicious activity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.