ESS 5.9.2.1 installer bug?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Uxorious, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uxorious

Uxorious Registered Member

I have what appears to be a 100% reproducible bug when installing ESET SmartSecurity 5.2.9.1 (64bit).

When installing, I pick "custom" and when later asked about the "Filtering mode", I pick "Interactive".

After installing the drivers, the installer stops progress in the very last part.
    The PC continues working, but all network traffic is dead.
    Shutdown of the PC works, and upon reboot, it immediately pops up the "new network found ... strict protection?" dialog.

If I install with the default "Automatic filtering rules" enabled, it works every time.

2. Hans Nieuwenhuis

Hans Nieuwenhuis Registered Member

Same here on 2 computers. One with Windows 7 Home 64 bits, and one with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

I think it stops when installing the drivers or services. Left my PC on for the night. In the morning the installation was still at the same point.

I just killed the installation and rebooted my PC. Eset Smart Security seemed to be working, but I don't trust it completely.

Uninstalling gave the same issues: it stops when trying to uninstall the service.

I can only uninstall Eset 5.2.9.1 in Safe Mode.

No problems regarding installation of version 5.0.95 or 6.0.115

3. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

This is a known issue and developers are working on a fix for this as we speak. ETA on the availability of the fix is unknown at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.