ESS 5.0.94.0 freezes at startup for 1 minute

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by anj747, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anj747

anj747 Registered Member

Re: ESET Smart Security 5 Registration - Breaking Windows

Hi guys,

I have v5.0.94.0 running on a Win 7 x64 Machine.

My computer logs in fine, and the desktop comes up - but then it freezes for approximately 1 minute - only unfreezing as the Notification for "Virus Signature Updated" from ESET Smart Security comes show on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

Sometimes I forget about this impending freeze, and immediately click on an app upon logging in. Funnily enough, any app, even though it may be starting up - also freezes if caught up during the Virus Signature update!

Thanks - Anj

PS: My installation is a fresh install on the C: drive.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It's a little difficult to tell what's going on at this point, but perhaps with some additional information we can begin troubleshooting the problem. With that in mind, could you answer the following questions:
    1. Which version of Microsoft Windows is installed on the computer?
    2. How does the computer connect to the Internet?
    3. Did you upgrade from an older version of ESET Smart Security, or is this a new install?
    4. Were you running any other security software on the computer before installing ESET Smart Security? If so, what steps did you take to remove it?
    With the answers to those questions, we should be better able to assist you here in the forum.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.