ESS 4.2.71.2 is stuck at 9th Feb update #5860 !

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Temp Member, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

ESS 4.2.71.2 is stuck at 9th Feb update #5860 !

It does not fail to update it simply tells me its current and no update is necessary (it does not show progress bar to check the server) !

I have tried clearing cache and unchecking "pre release" to try force it to roll back etc.

Nothing has been changed on PC in this period.

Works fine on my Win7 HDD but not Vista HDD.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you update from the default ESET update servers?

3. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

Everything was Auto as it always was but when I look there is no list of servers like in the old days, gives option to add them !

I finally got it to update by rebooting a few times but I got a GUI error when I tried to browse ESS settings.

It was also killing my NIC and no Windows built in tools could fix it, it took a reboot each time, this happened from between 5-30mins of PC simply booting up and idling.

Today I rebooted and let it get newest update and it seems ok be a bit randomly laggy/delayed when I click on one of ESS options.

I am hoping it was simply a glitch cause by that update it was stuck on and now its behind me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.