ESS 4.2.71.2 blocking my internet

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SBMongoos, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

About three days ago or so I was randomly loosing access to the internet. I thought the issue was something else. But after turning off my firewall within ESS my problem went away. This has not been a problem for me until lately. Without internet access I have a problem as I work from home a lot.

Have there been updates to ESS 4.2.71.2 lately that have caused issues? I need to get this fixed.

The firewall module is 1071 if that helps.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please follow the standard procedure for determing the cause / rule responsible for blocking:

1, in the IDS setup, enable logging of blocked connections
    2, reproduce the problem
    3, paste here the relevant records from the firewall log

3. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

Re: ESS 4.2.71.2 issue

Marcos: I may be at fault here but I'm not sure. Recently I was getting asked permission for an inbound connection from my ISP. I temporarly denied it as I was wondering why this was popping up now. Maybe some update in ESS? Anyway, it's starting to look like my temporary denial may be cause this issue.

There is a zone that was created today and the name given to it includes my ISP name and what looks to be their DHCP server's IP address. When I open the Zone setup for this new zone and then look under the Zone Authentication tab the following is checked: "IP addresses/subnets in the zone will become valid after a successful authentication in the network (increases security of mobile computers)." Nothing below is checked to be enabled. I'm assuming this is what I temporarily denied this morning since the zone has today's date and it was created this morning. I rebooted and have access again but I have not seen this inbound authorization pop up again. I've seen this the last few days or so and have temp denied it. Starting to put 2 and 2 together.

4. HooveR_al

HooveR_al Registered Member

I got the same problem too, got ESS 4.2.71.2 and firewall module is 1071.It blocks my internet totally...i try uninstall Ess and pages load like crazy, with Ess installed they take ages, i'm on a bridge connection and i did "tick" the allow communication for bridges connections on "personal firewall--> IDS and advanced options" tab,other settings are on default. I try to disable firewall completely also the web access protection too but this **** is still the same ,Wtf is wrong with this software.....The ****ing funny thing is that i got the same ISP and ESS on a laptop on my work office and it doesnt block the net at all the only difference is that i use wireless connection at work while at home i got the same ISP and the same package of adsl and everything but i just dont use wireless cuz i got a desktop.Does it mean something that my Isp is kinda ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ and does have an external IP for all of its clients in the city?
    Please any kind of help would be so appreciated...
    Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.