ESS 4.2.40, New Build, Same Bug.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Temp Member, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

My previous thread : https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=269065

This new build exactly the same.

I am still waiting on my new License paid for more then 1 week ago now (I left contacting just to see how long it can take but they claim a few minutes up to 24 hours).

Going by previous dealings with CS, you fill a lot of info into a form and wait on a reply and most time do not get one.

I would prefer a live chat type App.

I am going to contact them tomorrow to get a full refund and try out other all in one security App's.

After the last Beta that was flawless these 2 builds are a joke (wonder if its got same bugs others got on previous build).

At 5:36am GMT I need sleep, tomorrow I revert back to the Beta Build.

Edit, I could not resist, I'm back on Beta build now and all is fine and after 12 reboots the Sidebar is perfect every time.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

that's over 1 year of my license i have lost now waiting for a stable build of v4 (something i have yet to see) still got 13 months left but i just can't see it happening i really can't.

3. Temp Member

I was same when they brought out V3 till they got their act together !

Then same for V4 when it was rushed out in basically beta state for a big Tech Conference in Vegas last summer.

Is the Beta build V4.2.22 not good for you ?

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

im trying it now (4.2.40 i dont use beta when i have paid license) and im impressed so far. but i should be tbh you can download win7sp1 from torrent sites and v4 has been out a good while now. i like eset software but it's caused me problems since i upgraded to windows 7. i have licenses for 3 other security products and have only had very minor issues even when they released new versions.
    eset is the lightest and most user friendly.
    im just unhappy i lost so much license time.
    so far all seems good.

5. Temp Member

So your on the Beta or this new Final build ?

Also I am an official MS Tester !, I got XP+Vista+Win 7 for free+office 2003 then 2007 and will get 2010.

I use both Vista 64 and Win 7 64.

The issue does not happen on Win 7 because the gadgets are different though sidebar is actually still there.

I prefer Vista for now as SP2 is fine and Win 7 has a lot to fix and they never listen to us testers so I do not hold much hope for SP1 (I have a SP1 build now but its early Beta so probably will not try it as its basically all hot fixes).

I ain't going to simply use Win 7 due to ESET.

(Fixed Typo's)

6. bwb1

bwb1 Registered Member

Why does the download page only show 4.2.35 and not 4.2.40??

7. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

8. bwb1

bwb1 Registered Member

OK, I downloaded the 'latest' version which shows as 4.2.40, when I looked at the changelog on the download page it referred to 4.2.35. All good.

9. Temp Member

Hey, this topic ain't for peeps looking for download links.

Make own topic please and that has already been answered.

It was to do with different timezones.

10. Temp Member

BUMP :

OK Marcos I did as you asked, a total clean install of latest build and still same issue.

HTTP or/and Web Protection is not the culprit.

I am back on the Beta and I am still waiting on my new License from 31st March (I intentionally am waiting to see ho long it take them)

Again I'm looking at a full refund TBH I cannot be bothered with this hassle after past troubles I thought were all behind ESS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.