ESS 3B1a and NOD32 2.70.39 problems ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by artiste_666, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artiste_666

artiste_666 Registered Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I am new on this forum but I would like to indicate something concerning the imon + amon scanner of these programs.
    I use internet download manager 5 and when I make a test of antivirus on kaspersky site, they detect nothing when it is the program which downloads (with extra settings of blackspears - imon all in maximum efficiency-) while with kaspersky 7 he detects even before downloading RAR files.
    And the strangest in all this it is because when I make a scan of the downloaded files RAR, both programs (NOD32 and ESS 3) still detect me nothing.
    I thus have to reinstall kaspersky 7 after that.
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , this is known fact ( I can't remember the reason) but AMON does detect (scan) the threat after it is downloaded so there is really no worries about that .
  3. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Yes, AMON is pretty quick,too.
    Yesterday it detected and quarantined, (thus stopping further transfer,) two files I was downloading using EMule.(Both W32 Trojan Droppers, BTW)
    This was before my dedicated anti trojan program, COMODO BOclean could get to them!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.