ESMX not recognizing Exchange after Update Rollup 3

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by DrFix, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrFix

DrFix Registered Member

Hi,

after Update Rollup 3 of Exchange, ESMX 4.2 doesn't recognize Exchange anymore:

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2080/errorx.png

I think the way ESMX finds exchange should change... after every update the same issue... (I read a post about the same issue with update rollup 2)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As far as I know, EMSX 4.2.10015.0 should work fine with Update Rollup 3 for MS Exchange Server 2010. The latest version is downloadable from the ESET website.

3. DrFix

DrFix Registered Member

I tried installing 4.2.10015.0 but when I start setup it says that exchange is not installed on my system...

but of course it is...

4. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Refer to my thread here on this issue I had with Rollup 2. It appears when you install the updated ESET Mail Security, it runs the uninstaller for the older version first, which has a check for the version of Exchange, and then fails. You will need to backout the Rollup 3 patch (and possibly Rollup 2), then upgrade ESET Mail Security and re-install Rollup 3.

Why the uninstaller has a check for the Exchange version I do not know, but that is how we got around that issue with Rollup 2.

FYI - Rollup 3 installed just fine with ESET Mail Security 4.2.10015.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.