ESET, We need an upgrade. Please!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Vicky1, Dec 4, 2007.

?

Are you happy with NOD32 v3 performance?

1. Yes, fully happy!

44 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Somewhat happy!

48 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. No, I am not happy. I am either downgrading to 2.7 or installing some other AV

126 vote(s)
    52.9%
  4. Its OK for me, I am neutral.

20 vote(s)
    8.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel

Steel Registered Member

2. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

True! The result will for now be biased towards negative comments or those experiencing issues/conflicts/bugs. I will not swear much over a sample of less than 200 people. But the point has been made - ESET must pay attention to problem areas. :D

3. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

4. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Yeah the polls not really going to reflect true opinion is it ? I mean we only visit this forum and post on here when theres something wrong. If all the happy users came on here and polled to, wellllllllll. ;)

5. Grant_Hughes

Grant_Hughes Registered Member

I was pleased to see the V3 upgrade with its new user friendly GUI, it was downloaded and cleanly installed and .... nothing, no internet and no email. after many emails from support (who were very helpful) and installing 3.0.563 (no joy) they advised me to stick with v2.7. I am very frustrated with v3 :mad: - it just doesn't work for me so I have downgraded to 2.7 and all is perfect again. I hope for one of two things: 1. either they improve v3 so it will run and allow internet and email for everyone or 2. they keep up support for v2.7 for a long time. They need to sort things out quickly or they will lose customers and I hope this does not happen as I believe they are a good company.

6. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

NOD32 3.0.556 works perfect for. In a way better then 2.7.

7. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

This is the second time I'm reading, that someone is advised by Eset to stick with version 2.7.
    If this is the message going out from Eset.......why bother having version 3.0 ready for download/purchase? I just simply don't understand anymore what's going on.
    Is there any possible way to get a good and clear story here about the truth regarding v. 3.0. Is some allround fix going to be released soon, or are we going to struggle along this way? Eset.....state something here, there are enough clients with problems here. It's too simple to answer support requests with: "We are aware of ......... and we hope to have a fix for this soon."

8. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

:thumbd: Damn thing won't update without doing it manually myself.

Let's make this thread 50 pages long.

I'll contact Eset, if everyone else does ths same maybe something will happen in 2009 :mad:

9. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Updates fro me just fine.

10. poutine

works for some not for some ......,but what it isnt is system related !!! there are major issues with NOD itself. Eset have admitted such and also noted the many bugs, so anyone who claims they arent having problems cannot be doing a great deal with their machines . What really puzzles me is why i didnt i see these bugs in the RC1 release? how come RC1 was infinitely more stable. o_O

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  11. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

The manual update issue is the most rudimentary problem I have with v3, I use Outlook too. I just went to : http://www.eset.com/support/contact.php and made good on my above comment. Asked them to maybe make a v 2.8 for XP only and code v3 for Vista only or at least keep v2.7 going indefinitely. Thats when the trouble might have started in my opinion.
    2.7 is the tits for me. :cool:

12. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

nod32 2.7 Is excellent despite the Gui much better then v3

13. poutine

OK I'm starting to weary of complaining about NOD V.3 , i have it on my test machine still, so theres something about it i must like even though i moan about it a lot. Overall its ok for me, no slowdown issues, still able to surf fine with utorrent running, no need to reconfig anything either there. What annoys me most is the Outlook Express issues and why they are taking so long to fix, but if eset are quietly working to remedy those faults and the numerous others and are indeed this time really trying to nail them, i for one can wait and let them finish. I once said i'd lost my faith in eset but i think that was frustration talking, and from now on im going to support them rather than whine. ;)

14. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I think the 2.7 GUI is excellent as well. It's small, simple and fast (the same thing cannot be said about the 3.0 GUI) without a lot of fancy colors, the fonts look much better (not fuzzy), use less memory and stuff like that. Unless 3.0 got some hidden features eset don't wan't to talk about i cannot find anything that is better with 3.0. My opinion is that 3.0 is the opposite of an enhancement compared to 2.7.

Since i'm not as eager to always use the latest version i'll just continue to use 2.7 and don't care about 3.0. Cannot see any disadvantage by using 2.7 for now.

15. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I agree I like the gui as well but I mention it because it was mentioned by many users and editors reviews as being complicated.But I like better then v3 and is very stable and light.

16. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

Update information:

17. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Where do you get this from?

"Originally Posted by staff Eset
    There should be a new version before Christmas if all goes well."

18. izi

izi Registered Member

Hello, I hate V3.

Attached Files:

19. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Then go back to 2.7 and stop whinning.

20. poutine

I agree, we'll have to wait for the team at eset to work out the bugs,we all know they are there and we all know they still will be until they are fixed.I'm also sure a lot of the eset guys read the posts in here , and trying to rush the next build out of them is not going to solve anything. Besides there is 2.7 to lean on until everythings resolved.

21. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

I have gone back and fourth from 2.7 to 3.0 a couple of times. 2.7 just seems lighter. The only thing 3.0 brings with it is a more friendly GUI.

22. Mercury_22

Mercury_22 Registered Member

Yes I totally agree ! Another (faster) solution it's to allow us to disable 'Web Access Protection' and i mean REALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE ! no just to look disable (GUI say it's OFF but it fact it's ON) and NO AUTO enabling after restart ! :oops: :mad:

23. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I am tired of discussing v3.x. Voted for the bigest group. For now back to 2.7 and serouisly thinking to switch. More as there are only a few responses from ESET here :(

24. warlord2000ad

warlord2000ad Registered Member

I was tied between bitdefender and nod32 (2.7 at the time).

I decided on nod32 as it was small, but i have to agree with what others have said. With Version3 on Win XP Pro, start up does seem a bit slower since the upgrade but that doesn't bother em too much. What does bother me is the increased CPU usage of NOD32, especially when EKRN.exe goes to 100% CPU usage for a few seconds/minutes freezing up the whole PC. Test with AV on or AV off, in Gmail the page takes about 3 times longer to load with NOD32 turned on.

And i actually preferred the more basic 2.7 GUI, although i know 3 was remade to suit a larger audience. If 2.7 gives the same protection as version 3 ill probably downgrade with a week, which is a shame as i just brought a 3 year subscription and i am already considering just buying bit-defender now as i was going to originally.

If they can fix the 100% CPU usage issues,
    Slow web browsing
    Add in a (quick access, right click) gamemode setting to reduce scanning
    Less fancy GUI mode to save on memory.

Then i may move back to V3

25. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

I just updated our Network all too V.3 and the RAS/RAC to 2.0, all is working and updating. Only had some network problems on my end, that I figured out, other than that everything is working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.