ESET w/CounterSpy

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Hotep, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

Hi,

I have been watching this forum since ESET SS was released officially. I am currently on a trial license and really like how my computer responds. (very light) After reading other postings on the strengths and weaknesses of ESET's firewall and spyware protection it leaves me a bit concerned. Can anyone give me their opinion on using CounterSpy w/ESET SS. Is this a reasonable addition? I haven't had any compatibility issues. Is this overkill? o_O

Thanks!

2. Ronin12

Ronin12 Registered Member

No, this is not overkill. Programs such as Counterspy or Spysweeper usually have a better detection rate for "spyware" then programs such as Eset or some other antivirus with antispyware programs. Everyone's system is a little different, but these two programs should not interfere with each other and as long as you are not experiencing any problems, you are fine running both of these types of software on your system. As others have stated and I agree, it is not usually wise to trust one single piece of software to detect every type of malware that exists.

3. Hotep

Hotep Registered Member

Thanks Ronin12 for your input and support. I greatly appreciate it!:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.