Eset vs. Anti-Malware.ru

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sergey Ilyin, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Because some people(not you) simply can't or won't pass up the chance to stir the pot.:isay:

2. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I very much doubt we will hear anything more about this. Eset is still a professional company, and they will NOT trade blows on a forum, and a public one at that. Sergey has not been here to back up his claims, and I doubt Eset will retaliate in any way other than via personal communications with Sergey himself. On that note - I really do feel that this thread should be closed - this is hardly a spectator sport.

3. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I'm sorry but can you provide even a shred of evidence to back this up?

As for ESET condemning various antivirus tests, haven't you read anything the good 'Inspector' has had to say on this issue? There is no good universal antivirus test. What is seen as a good test by one man may not be a good test for another.

There will be no 'trying' to take moral high ground since you vacated it with your easy acceptance of accusation as fact.

Speculation is pointless and unless the accuser backs up his accusations with some hard evidence, and I've seen none yet, it's all talk and talk is cheap. The original poster could have armed himself with the necessary evidence BEFORE starting this thread and this would have caused less trouble.

At the end of the day I get the impression you choose to believe the original poster because you want to, not because he has backed up his words with evidence and that always puts a person on shaky ground.

4. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Is that why the only ones regarded as being good are the ones that give the AV choice of any user a good review,and the bad ones are the ones that disagree with any users views?(hope that makes sense!)

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

WOW, this thread has gotten long since the orginal post. A lot of thoughts on the matter. A lot of points being made. A lot of judgement being past.

The funny thing is, after all this, this entire has not progressed one step from the orginal allegation. Seems almost like a total waste of bandwidth if you ask me.:cautious:

6. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

yes, yes such occurrences give rise to all sorts of speculation *puppy*

IBK from AV-Comparatives posted at Rokop Security that the collaboration with Anti-Malware.ru was already withdrawn at the end of March.
    But he told us that he will not comment anything about Anti-Malware.ru (... and ESET? ... and AV-Comparatives? ... and AMTSO?)

He only posted a link to AV-Comparatives weblog.
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/weblog/?p=97
    Is this a regular procedure?
    First sign a contract and afterwards reconsider and withdraw.
    Sounds like somebody pressurised AV-Comparatives into doing their withdraw.
    But who were this people and vendors? And why did they dislike the collaboration with Anti-Malware.ru?
    No single word about that in the blog nor at Rokop forums.

Every wise man started out by asking many questions. ;)

Cheers

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

o_O

Where exactly were you when all that unfolded? Somebody "pressured" IBK?! Didn't you read the thread at the time? If not, read it now. There were no forces that made him do anything. He made a very ill advised blog posting and when almost the entire industry, (lead by F-Prot and a few others), and almost every forum poster here, turned against him, he reversed it...

The thread... (there are plenty of cached versions of what IBK actually posted and then deleted, just search for them)

AV-Comparatives's response to Panda

I think he pressured himself when he realised the magnitude of that mistaken posting.

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

In any case, this thread has been going in circles. "On lookers" have been posting their opinions only, assuming one side or the other "must be right" because of what was posted or what was not posted. Meanwhile, no additional proofs are provided or facts offered (56 hours later).

Like the av-comparatives mess a few weeks ago, this is yet another ill conceived posting that should have been addressed more professionally or through proper legal channels instead of making a sensationalized post here to gather either sympathy or blog clicks.

If Anti-Malware.ru ever has proof, I'm sure they'll post it in their blog. If ESET wants to respond, I'm sure they know where and how to do it.

Next time someone wants to post such accusations, provide facts or don't post it here. We won't let it go next time. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.