eset version 8 has officially been released!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Sep 30, 2014.

1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

2. siljaline

The ESET Team reminds us that the v8 engine (new) is currently only available in the following languages:

English, Français canadien (French Canadian), Slovenčina (Slovak), Čeština (Czech) and Deutsch (German).

*All other languages will be available soon.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

4. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Regarding Enhanced Exploit Blocker my prediction is it will do absolutely nothing with the HMPA exploit test tool. That doesn't mean it isn't working though. My assumption is that it monitors vulnerable applications, like your browser, pdf reader, office and java and not some third-party testing tool. Then of course exploit mitigation works differently in AVs then in tools like EMET and HMPA.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Compared to other AV release changelogs I have seen this year, I am happy it looks like it does if you know what I mean ;)

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please report the issue to Customer care or our official support forum (https://forum.eset.com) and we'll look into it. Basically you shouldn't notice any performance impact with default settings unless you often copy non-whitelisted PE files.

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i fully agree!! for once a company did not everything and the kitchen sink into the newest version...

8. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

I'm sorry about that. I know what it is when you really like a product but don't feel comfortable enough using it. Sometimes it is not so much numbers and statistics but the overall feeling you have using it on your machine. I hope this changes for the better for you using Eset otherwise probably you should use whatever feels best for you and your system.

9. Rasheed187

OK so it isn't focused on stopping memory corruption, I assume.

10. siljaline

11. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

ESET NOD32 v7 and v8 are the heaviest AVs i've ever used! way heavier than McAfee and Kaspersky even! great job ESET! keep destroying what was once the lightest AV!

12. siljaline

13. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No, not yet....

14. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Is there somewhere a changelog for release of new version 8.0.304 updated from 8.0.301?

15. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I have looked around but haven't been able to find one, yet anyway.

16. snippits

snippits Registered Member

The 8.0.304 build is the same as .301 but has the latest modules already installed (e.g., the modules are listed in the "Installed components" window of the About ESET ... screen).

Source: -https://forum.eset.com/topic/3471-version-80304/-

17. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

18. siljaline

19. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I'm still waiting to be told about the release by our upstream ESET team... good job I wasn't holding my breath eh?

20. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I have not used ESET products for some time, so my opinion does not necessarily reflect usage with the latest versions. But, based on past usage I have found on some systems ESET products to be very light and on other systems to impact performance. On some systems, in general NOD32 was fairly light, but in certain sitations (e.g. when driver update software was scanning for updated drivers) there was a big impact on performance. A year or so go after finding the current version at the time to cause too much of a slowdown for my linking, I even tried a really old version (possibly 2.7 I think) as there were old posts here at Wilders talking about how light it was. Even that was way too heavy for my liking on my system.

21. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's weird that you've constantly had this issue since NOD32 v2. Please contact ESET Customer care or report the issue in our forum and we'll do our best to find the culprit for this weird behavior.

22. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I'm using another antivirus, but when I do decide to try your products again I will be in touch.

23. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

So how is everyone liking this compared to v7? I dumped v7 due to some Firewall issues I was having and now am having to dump Kaspersky because it will not let me run EZ CD Audio Converter regardless of the exclusions I set. Is anyone having any issues with the Firewall, particularly in interactive mode? Did they ever fix the "Failed to read firewall configuration" error I have been getting since v4?

24. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Running version 8 AV without a problem.

25. Rasheed187

LOL, this is exactly the reason why I stopped using AV's, I freaking hate the bloat. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.