ESET Updating Issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Lloyd6770, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lloyd6770

Lloyd6770 Registered Member

First off, I'm an ESET newbie, so be nice to me. :)

When trying to update ESET, I occasionally get an "Error Allocating Memory" error, and the update fails. I only seem to get this every now and then, but definitely not every single time. I have version 4.2.64.12 with virus signature database 5689.

Today, for the first time, I got an error saying, "Windows Defender and ESET NOD32 Anti-virus 4.2 both report that they are out of date."

Could Windows Defender somehow be conflicting with ESET, and could that be causing the occasional update issues?

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. djalminha

djalminha Registered Member

Open ESET Smart Security
    Option
    updates
    click on button "Clean memorydata" of updates
    Somethink like that.:doubt:

3. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

4. rcash

rcash Registered Member

I have been having the same issue on several of our XP Pro SP3 fully patched computers as well and the following is also reported in the application event log when it occurs:

Faulting application egui.exe, version 4.2.67.10, faulting module egui.exe, version 4.2.67.10, fault address 0x000a4930.

5. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

See if the problem persists after manually uninstalling your ESET security product and reinstalling. Click here for step-by-step instructions.

6. Lloyd6770

I manually uninstalled/reinstalled ESET. If the machine reboots or does a clean install, it will successfully update once. After that, if I want to update it again, I must reboot it again, which is quite annoying considering 2-3 virus signature database updates come out per day. I also cleared the update cache or whatever it's called, and that didn't resolve the issue. I have opened a trouble ticket with ESET, and as of right now, I'm waiting.

7. Lloyd6770

Does anyone have any ideas that I could try. I've tried everything I've found, and I put a ticket in with ESET, and no one's gotten back to me in 2 days.

8. Lloyd6770

No one has any ideas as to what I can do? I have already tried uninstalling/reinstalling, I've cleared the update cache, I've done everything I know how to do. Please help.

9. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

10. Lloyd6770

I opened a ticket with ESET last Thursday, and I haven't heard a peep from them.

With my limit of knowledge, I don't think something is wrong with ESET. We are in a server/client environment. We have roughly 120 users, and there is only one user with this problem.

11. JesusV

PM me your ticket number, we will look into it.

Regards,

Jesus

12. Lloyd6770

I wish I had it. I put the ticket in with ESET online, and was told I'd be emailed a confirmation number and such, but never got an email. I checked my junk folder as well as the spam filter, but as far as I can tell, an email was never sent.

13. Lloyd6770

Worked with Jesus over the phone. After using the uninstall feature in Safe Mode, and reinstalling ESET, it grabbed updates successfully. I will give another update tomorrow about the machine successfully/unsuccessfully updating the Virus Signature Database.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well, I guess no better time to work with him, then Christmas time.;)

15. JesusV

LOL Glad we could help.

Regards,

Jesus

16. Lloyd6770

I do appreciate it. Hopefully this resolves the issue. I will keep everyone posted tomorrow.

17. Lloyd6770

Issue is not resolved. Same user is still having problems. They are stuck on Virus Signature Database 5719, and I have 5720 on my machine. Still getting the same "Error Allocating Memory" message when trying to update.

18. Lloyd6770

Jesus went over the SysInspector Log, and didn't find anything wrong with configuration. He suggested upgrading the RAM in the machine. I will test that out and post results.

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have to commend you on your enthusiastic and professional style. Exactly what was needed here.:thumb:

Hope we hear more from you on support issues.

20. JesusV

21. Lloyd6770

Upgrading the RAM didn't help, so I put it back to where it was at 2GB. We have a script set up that automatically configures everything, so this computer should have the same configuration as others, and this is the only computer with an issue.

On another note, how to I upload a .xml file?

Edit: Have a new update. Got a new error message when trying to update the Virus Signature Database. A screenshot of it is attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  22. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

By upgrading RAM you mean you replaced the old or just upgraded? You may want to try the latter if your original RAM is not 100% OK, you can for example test this with MEMTEST as well, but that may take several hours.

Uploading a XML file works like any other file, where exactly you want to upload this to? You can also open it up in notepad or any other text handler and then just copy paste it. (Remember to remove your username/password details)

23. Lloyd6770

I upgraded from 2gb of to 4gb of ram with new sticks. As far as I can tell, the old sticks were just fine, so I put them back in after upgrading the ram didn't work.

I tried to upload an XML file to my previous post, but it wouldn't let me.

24. Lloyd6770

Has anyone come up with any new ideas? I've tried everything that's been suggested, and am still having the same issue.

25. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.