ESET update issues?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by TrustAMIT, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrustAMIT

TrustAMIT Registered Member

Question....

Does anyone else have issues with ESET SS doing any of the following?

Pages not loading,
    Files not transferring fully
    Streaming audio stopping after random periods of time.

It seems maybe a recent update of ESET has caused this issues - i've scanned with my usual tools (ESET, MBAM etc) and come all clean so disabled the firewall... that cured it...

Just thought I should mention it.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what version Eset, what version update

3. denzak

denzak Registered Member

Unsure if ESET is the culprit, but two or so days ago I began having difficulty -- no, it's impossible -- to browse the internet while DLing torrents. Initially, I believed the problem to be the with the router, but in attempting to ascertain the problem I read where folks were having the same same problem and a NOD32 update was the causing the hiccup.

I have been DLing on a netbook for months and there have been no problem whatsoever, now while DLing on the netbook AND the desktop it is virtually impossible to browse. Actually, DLing must be stopped to access the web.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

Den

4. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Just suggestion.Try to disable ESS's firewall temporarily and restart your computer.Let's take a look whether it helps or not.

Then you may disable ESS's firewall temporarily and use the Windows Firewall first.Another suggestion is temporarily perform exclusion (I don't know ESS got exclusion for its firewall or not)from ESS's firewall but the firewall must be enabled and you can include it back later from time to time.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  5. denzak

denzak Registered Member

I disabled the Windows 7 firewall upon installing ESET 10 months ago. I will try to disable ESET Firewall (what's the use in purcahasing this component if it has to be disabled?) and see if that helps any.

Already did the exclusion. As posted by others, there was a modest improvement, but it is still way, way worse than even a dial-up connection.

Did notice last evening while seeking a solution that the netbook cannot browse while DLing. Interesting because the netbook doesn't have ESET installed. I am beginning to believe the problem is elsewhere. However, why the improvement with the ESET exclusion? Hummmm.....

Thanks.

6. TrustAMIT

TrustAMIT Registered Member

Seems that someone else using the pc....

All down to a corrupted installation of iTunes ! Got rid of all that now, total uninstall and kill any trace of the word Apple using Windows Install Cleanup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.