ESET UK website - What a shambles!!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by guitareth, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitareth

guitareth Registered Member

Just got around to following up on an email I got on Nov 7th from enews@eset.co.uk subject "Major Release - ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 3.0 and ESET Smart Security.

I have had NOD 32 Antivirus for a few months now and generally very happy so was interested in upgrading. The email says "We'd highly recommend migrating to ESET Smart Security and for a limited time existing users can migrate at reduced cost by visiting https://secure.eset.co.uk/order/migratelicence.asp Erm problem is that link doesn't work! (Says cant find can't find the server at secure.eset.co.uk).

So I then decide to visit www.eset.co.uk to find out more about the new products and hopefully see some screenshots. Check out www.eset.co.uk in Firefox. Aargh, what a disaster, missing images all over the pace - does not look like a professional website at all. So I try the site using Internet Explorer, and to be honest its not much better. :cautious: Similar problems - pages take ages to load, images missing... For example, check out this page!

So what the hell is going on with the UK website. This does not exactly fill me with confidence about ESET, and even worse I still dont know where I can view screen shots of the new interfaces; and still can't see how to migrate to ESET Smart Security, or what it will cost me!

Not the greatest success of a marketing exercise ESET UK:thumbd: Get your act together guys!

Update - Decided I should email ESET UK to highlight these problems. Erm, dont think so - the link to the Contact page doesn't work either :¬(

2. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

No problems! FF 2.0.0.9 okay, pages load super fast.

3. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I also have to agree with SteveBlanchard, all the links work fine for me here with IE 7, they all load fine.

The mul :D

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

5. ellison64

Hmmm...second attempts at the eset site and they load fine :rolleyes:

whats going on here...lol
    ellison

6. the mul

7. the mul

Maybe something with firefox or not seems strange though, all sites load first time here no issues.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Opens fine here in Opera / Firefox. Maybe it was just a glitch at their ISP.

9. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

Problems here with Opera & IE7
    Time outs etc.

10. ellison64

Attached Files:

11. guitareth

Well at least I'm not alone - thought I was going mental! Still no joy for me. Have tried now from 3 different PCs. On trying https://secure.eset.co.uk/forms/contact.asp I still get "Firefox can't find the server at secure.eset.co.uk". Have tried from IE7 and it's the same, so it's not just a Firefox thing.

ALL other websites are working fine for me, so this is very odd. Are you guys who can see the pages in US or UK? I'm in UK.

12. guitareth

Yes and that page looks exactly the same to me in IE7 as well as Firefox. Still cant connect to anything in the secure area either.

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

14. the mul

I have tried the links you both have reposted and they work fine all loads ok and looks just right with Aol and IE7.

http://www.eset.co.uk/download/registered_software.php

15. ellison64

Just cleaned cache and site is the same.I also get the page continually trying to load when clicking contacts link.This is intriguing.Could it be an MTU issue?.Im using 1500.
    ellison

16. ellison64

Im in uk too ,on entanet .
    ellison

17. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

that is the css file not loading... and that's on the same web site - the error about the server could relate to an image file contained WITHIN the css file.

18. guitareth

As I said it's same for me in IE7 and Firefox, so it's not just a Firefox thing, and it's same from 3 different PCs. However, I did just try clearing cache in both browsers on this PC and it's made no difference whatsoever. Oh and I just checked it using Opera - same problems :mad:

Just tested domain eset.co.uk at www.checkdns.net:
    Answer from N/A: domain 'eset.co.uk' not found

Then tested at www.dnsstuff.com. Load of errors there, such as:

ERROR: Some of your nameservers listed at the parent nameservers did not respond. The ones that did not respond are: 212.67.202.2
    ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:
    ns2.123-reg.co.uk.
    ns.123-reg.co.uk.

ERROR: None of your nameservers returned your SOA record. They are likely all down or unreachable.
    -----------------

So at least I now know it's not just me.

19. the mul

I also forgot to mention this link is fine as well. https://secure.eset.co.uk/forms/contact.asp

When this side loads with the [Technical Support Request form] it looks perfect all paragraphs and boxes to fill details in for your request looks and loads ok.

For Example

Username*
    Provided by Eset - if you use the trial version, please enter "TRIAL".
    The Username was assigned to you at the time of purchase. It can be found in the Update setup panel in Control Center.
    Click here to learn how to copy & paste it

Note: For registered users we provide higher priority support.

Password
    Enter your password as typed in the Update setup panel in Control Center (required only in case your problem is related to the Incorrect password error message).
    You can follow the same procedure as described above.

E-mail address*
    Note: Be sure you enter a correct and working e-mail address!

Phone number
    (Optional, but recommended in case the support cannot contact you by email)

Short (three word description) of the problem*
    Please enter here a short (key-word) description of the problem. It will appear in the Subject of your e-mail.

System information*
    System information contain the version number of the currently installed virus signature database, NOD32 program components and your operating system.
    Click here to learn how to copy & paste it

Detailed description of the problem and other important details, including all the error messages (if applicable)*

Solutions - Products - Purchase - Download - Support - Threat Center - Partners - Company - Global Sites - Privacy Policy
    Copyright © 2006 by ESET, LLC and ESET, spol. s.r.o. All rights reserved.

20. webyourbusiness

ok - I went to the same page:

http://www.eset.co.uk/download/registered_software.php

and the problem is this in the source code - it is BROKEN because:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://eset.co.uk/css/eset.css" type="text/css" />

http://eset.co.uk - is NOT configured to be accepted by the server as a valid website (you're NOT crazy- they have it MESSED UP)

21. ellison64

What would cause that ,any ideas?
    ellison

22. ellison64

Why would it work for some folks and not for others using the same browsers web?..any ideas?
    ellison

23. guitareth

As I mentioned above, tests of the domain eset.co.uk using www.checkdns.net and www.dnsstuff.com are repeatedly returning loads of errors so looks like they are suffereing ongoing problems with their host. I see they are using 123-Reg.co.uk/WebFusion, which is frankly asking for problems as there have been a massive amount of complaints about the service provided by that lot in past few months.

24. guitareth

Just found following on a blog about 123 Reg

"If anyone stumbles across this in the next few days - I have spoken just to the 123 guys today - they have been having major outages with their DNS servers for a couple of weeks and it has got worse today".

And another:

"I’m having lots of difficulty today seeing our website. Let’s hope they get the problems sorted soon."

Looks like you guys who have managed to see the site OK just got lucky with your timing!

Anyway, as problem seems to be with their host, I apologise for pointing accusing finger at ESET themselves. Hope they get this sorted out soon though, so I can find out options and pricing for me for upgrading to latest versions ;)

25. webyourbusiness

it does indeed seem to be a DNS issue - I feel for them, but that's what happens when DNS goes down... oops... site not working (either at all, or just not working properly)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.