ESET SysRescue, info. and help please.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by FoxTint, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxTint

FoxTint Registered Member

Hey everyone (New here),:cool:

To clear things up, I'm using Windows XP SP3. (Tablet laptop)
    I got Eset Nod (Paid version) a few months ago, and am extremely satisfied with it, and can find no flaws.
    I recently started looking at all the features of it and came across ESET SysRescue. I got my CD ready, and went to the second step of the process and it said to install something like AIK from the Microsoft site. I always like to look into things I download, and do a lil' research to see if it's safe and legit, or if people are having problems and bad bugs in it which can effect my computer. I couldn't find anything about it, so I came to this site, hoping that someone would now some stuff about it.

After all that, I went onto the MS site, and checked the requirements of this software and saw that it said, and QUOTED:

"System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista

* Windows Vista

* Windows Vista Service Pack 1

* Windows Server 2008

* Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 with KB926044

* Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2

* Windows XP Service Pack 2 with KB926044"

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/...34-D890-4932-81A5-5B50C657DE08&displaylang=en

Now, I don't actually see Windows XP on it, but I do see SP2 (BUT, I have 3!)

Any ideas if it's good to install, and it'll work as of the sys. reqs.?

Thank you to anyone that answers and provides assistance! :)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Those are minimum requirements which means that if Windows XP SP2 is listed AIK will install fine on WinXP SP3, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.