ESET Startup services causing Vista to Lock?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jdkgroup, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdkgroup

jdkgroup Registered Member

Hello,

I am running Nod32 with Vista ultimate on a Core2Duo with EVGA 680i mobo.

I woke up the other morning with a notifcation on my desktop from Nod32 about some kind of infected .dll file found in some adobe file. I tried to click delete, but the file wouldnt delete & the popup wouldnt close. A little while later everything locked up, so i rebooted, but everytime i would open anything like IE, or outlook, the cursor would just show busy and then all would lock up.

I heard that a new vista update (my machine auto updates, but hasnt yet loaded SP1) was causing certain issues with chipsets or software, but i dont have any restore points. I've run many virus / trojan / spybot scans and havent found anything.

I disabled all startup programs and still when i boot in regular mode, the desktop loads, but the machine locks up as soon as i try to launch anything, and the screen grays out if i try ctl - alt - del. The machine works fine in safe mode.

I called MS who walked me through disabling all the "startup services"....then the machine booted fine...we then turned on the service one by one until we figured out it the ESET services that is causing the lockups...there are 2:

ESET HTTP SERVER & ESET SERVICE

does anyone have an idea why all of a sudden these would cause problems?

2. Paisit

Paisit Registered Member

3. jdkgroup

jdkgroup Registered Member

thank you for the post!!!!....i have been trying everything with no avail & this problem has cost me a ton in downtime....i will give this a go in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.