Eset staff in other forums?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PCMonk, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

I am a part of the SpiceWorks community. There is a fairly large user base there and the support forums are pretty active. I see Eset is a partner there but I have not seen anyone from Eset active in the forums. Some other AV companies have a pretty strong presence as partners there. In fact I see techs from some AV companies posting occasional answers to questions. The CEO of one company even posted a comment or two recently. Granted it was over an outage they had due to a backhoe but it was cool to see none the less.

Are there any Eset guys there?

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

I re-read my post... "Are there any ESET Guys there" Read "there" as in on the Spiceworks Forums. Sorry if it came out wrong. I was just crurious if there were any ESET guys that hung out on the SpiceWorks forums. Eset is a partner but I dont really see a presence there. It's just another portal to get the word out and be seen. Know what I mean?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I believe some of the marketing and sales engineers may occasionally answer questions over there and other employees might answer questions there or in other forums in their free time, but as GerardWil pointed out, Wilders Security Forums hosts the Official ESET Support Forum. A number of ESET's distributors also host forums as well for support in their local languages and territories.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

Thanks for the answer. I feel like you are missing my point as far as why I want to know however. I just figured as a Spiceworks Partner there would be a few product announcements or news about upcomming changes and such. There are others there getting good PR points. In my clumsy way I was just trying to help. :)

I'll shut up now. LOL Have a great one!

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I think I understand now. ESET does not have a community outreach program per se to notify web sites, forums, bloggers, etc. of new releases, but I will try to find out who set up the relation with SpiceWorks and ask them about it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.