ESET SS4 Firewall Issue at hotel

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MrGump, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

i have done as you asked and the update is now downloading.

after ESET updates i will let you know if my issue is solved.

thank you ronjor

2. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

!!UPDATE!!

i have enabled pre-release updates and downloaded and installed them.

I am still only able to access the hotel wifi internet if the ESET SS4 filtering mode is turned off. I have tried switching to learning mode and all the other modes, but none worked.

I am currently using ESET SS4's anti-virus and anti-spam, with Windows Firewall active instead of ESET SS4's firewall.

Not sure what to do now, but thank you for helping. :)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I suppose you could go to the advanced mode once more, choose IDS and advanced options, once there under troubleshooting, choose log all blocked connections.

I would then check the firewall log for any info.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  5. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

i did everything that link told me to do before i saw you crossed it out. It did not work.

should I try to go back and put the settings back the way they were? Basically i would go back to the link and just go backwards and un-tick everything i changed. What do you think?

by the way, the issue is not with my VPN, i cant even use the VPN till i can connect to the hotel wifi. I can not connect to the hotel wifi if the ESET firewall filtering is active. Correction, i can connect to the hotel wifi, i just cant get internet access from it if ESET firewall filtering is active.

if ESET firewall filtering is off, i am able to connect to the internet through the hotel wifi and then i am able to connect to my VPN. I just use Windows firewall instead.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

At this point, yes. Just click default button at the bottom of the IDS window in advanced settings.

7. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

done. but i think i hit defualt for all ESET settings instead of just IDS. I hope that's ok.

i am going down to the lobby for a smoke, they don't let me smoke in my room

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you already tried enabling logging of blocked connections in the IDS section of the firewall setup and then checking the firewall log for details about the rule that blocked the communication?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.