ESET Spam module vanished and security suite will not update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Webintrigue, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webintrigue

Webintrigue Registered Member

I'm using ESET Smart Security 4.2.64.12 and the spam blocker has disappeared from the security suite and the email client.

It also shows the last update was on 3/16/1649 4:53:33 PM and will not update at all even though it says it is current. (ESET was around in the year 1649? wow nice)

Version of virus signature database under the update tab shows nothing.

I run ESET on 3 computers and the other two are fine, just this one is a problem.

What steps do I need to do next?

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

You could try to uninstall all your ESET products from the three pc's. By using the Start Menu -> All Programs -> ESET -> ESET Smart Security -> Uninstall shortcut.

Then try running the ESET Uninstaller on your pc in Safe Mode, via instructions here: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1297591251254

After that you might want to check out if there are still ESET folders located in AppData and ProgramData, if there are, remove them.

Then finally go to ESET's website to download and install the latest version, there is a newer version of ESET Smart Security available, 4.2.71.2.

3. Webintrigue

Webintrigue Registered Member

I'll try out the newest build then, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.