Eset Smart Securtity/Cisco Anyconnect problem when running XP

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by thethane, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thethane

thethane Registered Member

Does anyone use Eset Smart Security and Cisco Anyconnect vpn with XP sp3? I have spent hours on the phone with cisco tac and eset trying to find a resolution.

The problem is that as soon as I connect to the vpn all network traffic is blocked but the vpn does not disconnect. This problem does not affect systems running windows 7.

The only way around this is to set eset to "scan application protocalls only" under the system integration section of advanced setup. Disabling the network filtering does not actually disable the firewall, it just sets the firewall to allow everything through.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello thethane
    This is my best shot, hope it will help you: In the ESET Personal firewall’s IDS and Advanced Options tree, there you can try to "Enable communication for bridged connections" for improved compatibility with virtual machines, VPNs and similar applications.

Best Regards

Attached Files:

• eset.png
      eset.png
      File size:
      94.8 KB
      Views:
  3. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

The Cisco VPN Client simply doesn't work :). See quote:

4. thethane

Thanks for both your suggestions.
    I have already enabled communication for bridged connections and we are running cisco anyconnect which is different than the vpn you are quoting.
    Our old cisco vpn uses the one you mentioned and ESS works fine with it but that vpn box is being phased out due to lack of Win7 64bit compatibility.

5. thethane

This issue has been resolved with the 4.2.71 release. I invested 30 hours of my life with both cisco and eset to get this resolved. In the end it was the cisco engineers working on my behalf with eset that made the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.