ESET Smart Security v5.0.84 RC VERSUS Office 2007/2010

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Killjoy_SR, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killjoy_SR

Killjoy_SR Registered Member

Hello! I've got a small problem. Few days ago, I've tested ESET SS RC 5 to see how it runs, scans etc.

Than, I ran into one problem. When I try to install my Office 2007 Suite on my desktop PC, setup won't start. Instead, it says that "Only one setup instance can be runned at the same time", something like that.

Than I try to install Office Home and Student 2010, same message.
    That problem occurs on a few PCs, not only on mine.
    BUT, when I've installed ESET Smart Security 4, problem dissapears.

So, problem with "office error message" is surelly because of ESET SS 5 RC.

Is there any way to fix this or to wait final version of ESET 5?

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

2. mandud

mandud Registered Member

yeah this too happen to me,i just installed my computer with windows xp sp 3 , and the first software that installed is NOD 5, after i try to uninstall it,its can installed

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Was a copy of Microsoft Office (even a Trial Edition) previously installed on the computer?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Aryeh, you beat me to it! If there was an old version already on or HAD been installed, an update will be in order. Way I fixed it was completely uninstall the old version, cleaned the registry to get left behind keys, then installed the new version. Had to do this a few times because window kept asking me if I wanted to either "Update" or "Repair". When finally getting it straighten out, choices then were either "Install" or "Update". Then it went right in, win7/64 w/the beta 5 already installed. FYI

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the exact scenario so I can report it to ESET's developers for further examination.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. PatG

PatG Registered Member

To avoid any misunderstanding, my reference is to the uninstall of old office files, NOT NOD files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.